Wifi - problems with remaining connected

searitus

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
I've had the Lumia 920 for about a month now, and everything seems to be working fine except for the Wifi which keeps cutting out when I turn the screen back on. I have ticked the box which says to keep Wifi connected when the screen times out, but this doesn't seem to have an effect. It seems to be slightly hit and miss as to when this happens, but it seems to occur roughly 7 or 8 times out of 10. The only way to solve the problem it seems is to toggle the Wifi off and then back on again, which isn't a huge problem but is just annoying to have to do so often. Does anyone know of a fix for this, or of what might be causing the problem?

hprvez

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Battery saving mode will ignore the "stay connected when the screen goes off" function, try a soft reset, if it doesn't work try restoring the phone

searitus

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
Hmm I'll have a look at the router and see if that solves anything.

Battery saving mode will ignore the "stay connected when the screen goes off" function, try a soft reset, if it doesn't work try restoring the phone

Thanks, just wanted to check now that you've brought it up, I've read about needing to press the volume down and power buttons to do one, but is a soft reset just the same as just turning the phone off and then turning it on again? I've never been sure.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon