920 owners...How did your 8.1 upgrade go?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
(I asked something similar in the 1020 forums xD)

But yeah How did your 8.1 update go? I am going to do it for my boyfriend and my friend is going to do it for her boyfriend's Lumia 920s and I just wanted to know if anyone had discovered any bugs or anything.

(We're trying to keep our bfs on WP lol they are talking about going to Galaxy S5s and iPhone 6 so I am hoping this update will make them happier with the os :D)

6Kings

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Killed my phone. I am stuck in a Blue Screen and reboot cycle that won't stop even with soft reset. I hope there is a way to fix at some point.

etad putta

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
Smooth as silk. First update took 20 minutes or so and about the same for the 8.1 update. No gears of death issues, nice update. Cortana is pretty slick.

dsmpampis

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site
Super! Now my phone is snappier! And I love ❤ the notification center!!!! To be honest I don't use Cortana. Now I'm waiting to see the Nokia update!

Tapatalked with my Lumia 920

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Smooth as silk. First update took 20 minutes or so and about the same for the 8.1 update. No gears of death issues, nice update. Cortana is pretty slick.

Yes that it is :D

I am still adjusting to the transitions as they seem different than windows phone 8 :D Not bad different, just different :p

Killed my phone. I am stuck in a Blue Screen and reboot cycle that won't stop even with soft reset. I hope there is a way to fix at some point.

I am sorry to hear that. Anytime I did a preview when I had my 920, I never had the issue(or any of the updates when I had 1020 and now 1520).

hopefully you can get it fixed

james05gt

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
Up and running! just updating some apps but so far it looks pretty darn good! notification center is awesome! oh and finally!!! separate volume control! got some new stuff to play around still

Letros

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Killed my power/lock screen button, have to wake my phone via camera press now :-\

I guess i can use double tap to wake, but i cant press the button to suspend the phone.

EDIT- If I do Vol Down + Power, it will shut off the phone now, not reset, so the capacitor is still working, just software isn't recognizing it.

Last edited:

squire777

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
All smooth here.

I wonder if people get impatient during the install and start pressing things which ends up corrupting things.

Geddeeee

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
My update went smoooth.... But frankly, I am very underwhelmed.
As I thought, for me Notification Centre is a complete waste of time. I'll stick with Live Tiles.... Store does not connect.

A big thumbs up to MS for rolling this out so quickly, but I will turn most of the new features off. I prefer the 'old' WP 8.0...

accasey

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
My phone seemed to stuck on the 'gears' screen, say 10 minutes or so, but then it rebooted and is now migrating data. I don't know what it is, but that screen always makes me nervous..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3