Help! Special case for my lumia 920

Robert William

Apr 19, 2014
Visit site
Guys for sure i really need helps, i'm going crazy on this since my lumia 920 was a very dependable phone for me and it has most of my information inside. i just can't lose them! Okay but i hope microsoft backup that i routinely do will help me bring all of them back after the reset.

so here's how it goes, i'm on my lumia 920 red, not AT&T, it is independent , i bought it on Nokia official store on thailand december 2012. 2 days ago i was performing an update to windowsphone 8.1, of course using preview for developers. in results, it stuck on spinning gear loop. i tried several soft resets but it won't work. so i tried to let the battery drained and charge it all night. Still no hope, the progress is the same as the time i charged it. In the morning i tried to use "Nokia Software Update for retail" (NSU) which helped many people in internet and youtube helping them to solve spinning gear loop with a factory reset. But when MY LUMIA was connected, it was all seems to go smoothly, suddenly when it's checking firmware, it said "There is a problem. Please restart the NSU for retail and try again. If the problem persist uninstall NSU for retail and download the latest version of the application.", and sooo then i found out a way to restore bricked lumia 920 AT&T using navifirm and nokia care suit. but i wouldn't dare to do it since the youtube said that it is only for AT&T nokia and mine is not. anyway mine is not bricked, it is still spinning its gear until now, but soft reset and hard reset also seems to be useless now, whenever i tried a hard reset (even though it is charged), the battery drained icon showed up. please guys i don't know what to do anymore, i'm afraid i will hurt my batteries if i charged it up all the time and i'm also afraid to hurt it if i let it drained out. This condition is totally messed up, any help and suggestion?

in addition before when i upgrade from lumia amber to lumia black, it also happened, just that time it was solved by a battery drained + soft reset. do i have to drained my battery every time i update? is this a forever microsoft bug on lumia 920? please help anyone. this is the first time i'm so frustated on my lumiaaa, i was so happy and it was totally perfect before.

any help would be appreciated =)

Robert William

Apr 19, 2014
Visit site
more news is, when i charge it, the spining gear turns back on with the same progress. Even when i do some soft reset it'll get back to the same way, BUT, when i do soft reset and press "vol up, vol down, power, vol down" that should be one of the solution. The battery drained icon showed up and it seems like the battery suddenly drained up :s, wtf? whan happened to my precious phone? i'm starting to get annoyed for 2 days without a phone. help please wpcentral? i've been following this forum since the first time i bought the phone anyway using fuse to read all of the news about windowsphone everyday. please give me response....

omg.. how come a casual software update could become such big troublesome to me... i wonder why the progress at the bar below the spinning gears stuck..

Last edited:

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
After you charge the phone and the the spinning gears come up, try to hold power for a long time till it turns off. Then make sure you follow the instruction on how to flash your phone with Nokia software updater, you can refer to the following link for instructions:
http://forums.windowscentral.com/no...after-reset-flash-process-defined-inside.html

When you're ready to flash connect your phone from step 1 of the phone instructions party from the link above.

Let me know how it goes

Robert William

Apr 19, 2014
Visit site
After you charge the phone and the the spinning gears come up, try to hold power for a long time till it turns off. Then make sure you follow the instruction on how to flash your phone with Nokia software updater, you can refer to the following link for instructions:
http://forums.windowscentral.com/no...after-reset-flash-process-defined-inside.html

When you're ready to flash connect your phone from step 1 of the phone instructions party from the link above.

Let me know how it goes

hi mate =), thanks for the response,
but in the youtube video isn't that for lumia AT&T only mate? is it safe for me to do it if mine is not from AT&T?

Robert William

Apr 19, 2014
Visit site
Yes, for you the only change would be to download a rom for your phone and not the one for att

okay thanks for the information mate, anyway i found out about the ROM and my product code, but now i'm having a hard time to download the ROM. i tried it from the navifirm, and it seems it doesn't work anymore, and i found out from another forum that i can take care of it by using nokia care suit. but you see mate, the nokia care suit >> product tools > tools> firmware download > when i already entered my product code and press download, it says like this (download for product code ******** is being queued) and the download doesn't start :s, so is there any other way to download the firmware? my code is 059Q5C9. any suggestion?

Robert William

Apr 19, 2014
Visit site
okay i'm going mad guys.. nokia data package manager and nokia care suit WON'T download my firmware, wtf? is nokia closing all of its server to download the firmware? what is exactly happening to me??? I already replaced the usergroupsconfiguration.cfg at nokia care suit also, but the server just seems that it won't download my firmware...any suggestion here???

Robert William

Apr 19, 2014
Visit site
allright more news, the Nokia software update for retail seems to be work, UNTIL , it goes to the download tab and ONLY downloaded 7kb of my firmware, than allright "something went wrong" again! wtf?

bitwise

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I think the problem started when you thought it was stuck in the spinning gears. That takes a lot of time, mine was for like 40 to an hour minutes TWICE (since wp8.1 actually has 2 updates to download and install).

But since you're way past that, can't you just go to a Nokia care center and ask them to flash the firmware to 8.0? I think Nokia do that free of charge.

I have never tried using the software tool so I cant help you with that.

You could also ask Nokia in their facebook or twitter for further help.

Robert William

Apr 19, 2014
Visit site
Try this if you're stuck on the spinning gears:
Stuck on running gears for over 8 hours!! Nokia Lu... - Nokia Support Discussions

Do this while you're not charging your phone.
It's worked for me. I had the spinning gear issue when updating to Amber. I followed the instructions, and voila, managed reviving the phone from the running cogs/gears issue.

thanks for the information mate, but anyway the vol up down power and vol down doesn't seems to be worked for me, my nokia just showed me the nokia screen again, and the battery drained icon. in fact the nokia discussion has been saying that i should do it while i'm charging my phone? is it not?

@bitwise right mate, i'll do that as the last option for me since i'm going to go abroad and i will need my lumia 920, bring it to the nokia center will take weeks for them to fix it for me. and i'm really worried about my phone. anyway i've waited for my phone for 1 night, i let it charge and let the gears spin, i just afraid that the battery will be damaged due to the heat so i unplugged it and let it drain.

anyway the nokia care suit just showed me that the download is failed due to the file is missing from the nokia server :s , 059Q8G4 RM-821 is my firmware code.

Robert William

Apr 19, 2014
Visit site
guys i checked out my firmware which is 059Q8G4 code, and look what i found. This is the link to download at nokia server (place where all the firmware should be put)

http://nds2.fds-fire.nokia.com/p/d/...1_RM-822_TypeLabel_Group5_DM_CoO_Thai_001.xml

try to click it, the webpage doesn't seem to be found, but i found out that few others RM-821 could be downloaded from that server, does that mean that nokia is deleting my kind of firmware? is it ok for me to download other RM-821 firmware other than mine? any solution or suggestion for people who understand would be Very appreciated :)

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Try downloading the Indian ROM, it's unbranded and compatible with your phone

Edit: Never mind...I guess Nokia has closed all its download links using Nokia Care Suite...

Last edited:

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Download the EURO Dev Amber Firmware using the following links:

RM821_059R4H6_3047.0000.1326.zip.002 - Speedy Share - upload your files here
RM821_059R4H6_3047.0000.1326.zip.003 - Speedy Share - upload your files here
RM821_059R4H6_3047.0000.1326.zip.004 - Speedy Share - upload your files here
RM821_059R4H6_3047.0000.1326.zip.001 - Speedy Share - upload your files here

I had a copy of the firmware and hence I uploaded it to the site above. Once you are done downloading, extract them in the same folder. Then use it for dead flash using Nokia Care Suite...good luck!

Robert William

Apr 19, 2014
Visit site

I had a copy of the firmware and hence I uploaded it to the site above. Once you are done downloading, extract them in the same folder. Then use it for dead flash using Nokia Care Suite...good luck!

OMG, thanks a lot mate, am downloading right now, will give you the news! really appreciate your big help!
anyway is it ok for my phone to be installed with developer firmware? o_O, just asking anyway :p

Robert William

Apr 19, 2014
Visit site

j7qip0.jpg

recovery failed, message sent failed. what? is this happened since it's not my firmware code mate? and it said on the bottom right, Data package selection error, any clue?

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss