how to assembly the back lens (nokia logo) slice back

yaron zeevik

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
hey so I bought a used lumia 920 and it's fine and cool but it came without the back slice with the nokia logo..i ordered the slice separately but how do I put it ?

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Judging by what I have seen (I'm no repair expert), a thin piece of tape or a little bit of glue may be all it needs.

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Thanks I'll try that
you want something that is thin and very sticky.
Amazon.com: 3m double sided adhesive: Electronics
I use carbon tape from work that is used for Scanning Electron Microscopy, but 3M double sided adhesive tape at Stapes etc. will do a decent job as well. It is a little thicker compared to the adhesive in the link above and the camera cover may not be completely flush with the housing.

Since the camera cover was missing, I am wondering if the lens cover (fits into the hole in the camera cover you had to buy) is also missing. That basically protects the actual camera inside the phone and ensures no dust gets into the phone. It may also be still attached to the frame inside the phone.
see attached images.
WP_20140517_003 (400x300).jpg
you see all three parts in this image, the black part that shows in the yellow housing towards the top of where the camera cover goes is inside the phone (it is silver on the other side of the housing, i.e. inside). The small lens cover out of glass that fits into the camera cover and the camera cover itself.
WP_20140517_009 (400x342).jpg
this shows the small round lens cover inside the camera cover. it should be flush towards the outside.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro