920 on Straight Talk - 4G Issues

MekkelRichards

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
I have an AT&T 920 on Straight Talk. I know the recent change allows users to get 3GB of high speed data. Is there any APN settings that I have to change to get this? Do you need a newer SIM card? I have a pretty old SIM card that I'm afraid may not support LTE but I'm not sure. I never seem to get very fast speeds with my service but I believe that others do.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I have an AT&T 920 on Straight Talk. I know the recent change allows users to get 3GB of high speed data. Is there any APN settings that I have to change to get this? Do you need a newer SIM card? I have a pretty old SIM card that I'm afraid may not support LTE but I'm not sure. I never seem to get very fast speeds with my service but I believe that others do.
Most likely your SIM is too old. You probably need a new AT&T Straight Talk SIM that supports LTE.

MekkelRichards

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
Do you have any idea how old it is?

Does it show 4G LTE?

View attachment 67082

I think it is about a year old. Out doesn't say 4G LTE on it at all but I also don't think that any of straight talk's SIM cards say anything else on them besides a serial number. I was wondering if there is a certain indicator or number in the serial that may indicate a newer or older SIM.

Anyone have a Straight Talk LTE SIM that they can photograph?

MekkelRichards

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
Does the 920 show an LTE icon when connected to LTE or does it just show 4G?

I cleared up my SIM card problem and bought the LTE compatible card from Straight Talk but still do not see an LTE icon next to my signal bars.

PLEASE somebody Help!!!!! 😢

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa