Cracked my screen, what now?

Ayman Jaddaa

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys, so yesterday I cracked my phone's screen and I've been trying to figure out what to do.

First of all, it's a defective unit. It's been like that for a while since the vibrator doesn't work, the audio jack has some issues where the right side stops working, the screen sometimes receives false touch, and it just restarts by itself.

This was all before cracking it. The thing is, I got this phone in April 2013, so my Rogers warranty is done, since it's for one year only.

Now I'm stuck with these options:
Send the phone to Nokia and risk paying lots of money for the cracked screen.
Sell it and get a brand new phone
Buy a screen replacement off of eBay for about $14 + shipping

I'm thinking of just buying the replacement, but I need your help in making my final decision.

But, if I do get the screen replacement however, I have to wait 7-11 business days, which sucks because the screen is way too big, and the glass bits are falling off the screen.

So, what do you think I should do?

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys, so yesterday I cracked my phone's screen and I've been trying to figure out what to do.

First of all, it's a defective unit. It's been like that for a while since the vibrator doesn't work, the audio jack has some issues where the right side stops working, the screen sometimes receives false touch, and it just restarts by itself.

This was all before cracking it. The thing is, I got this phone in April 2013, so my Rogers warranty is done, since it's for one year only.

Now I'm stuck with these options:
Send the phone to Nokia and risk paying lots of money for the cracked screen.
Sell it and get a brand new phone
Buy a screen replacement off of eBay for about $14 + shipping

I'm thinking of just buying the replacement, but I need your help in making my final decision.

But, if I do get the screen replacement however, I have to wait 7-11 business days, which sucks because the screen is way too big, and the glass bits are falling off the screen.

So, what do you think I should do?

it gets worse believe me
my 720 broke 3 weeks ago and it was a clean crack but worked fine with a few glass pieces here and there
after 3 days of use the digitizer also stopped working so i was forced to do something
i was asked to pay $150 for repairs so i decided not to because the service guys themselves felt it would never feel the same again even after repairs
id buy a replacement if i were you , some damages leave traces
though i should mention, my friends 620 got repaired successfully but its better to be safe imho
which phone do you have btw? :)

oditius

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Probably because of the "I'll wait, it might get better" attitude. Happens to a lot of people.

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 1520, w/AT&T using Tapatalk

Ayman Jaddaa

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
LOL well I never sent it because sometimes it would get better, but another reason is because I have no other phone and I need it. I can still send the phone to Nokia but I'm afraid they won't help me since they might say that the vibrator does not work because of this incident, even though it's not true and the vibrator hasn't been working for about half a year.

Ayman Jaddaa

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
it gets worse believe me
my 720 broke 3 weeks ago and it was a clean crack but worked fine with a few glass pieces here and there
after 3 days of use the digitizer also stopped working so i was forced to do something
i was asked to pay $150 for repairs so i decided not to because the service guys themselves felt it would never feel the same again even after repairs
id buy a replacement if i were you , some damages leave traces
though i should mention, my friends 620 got repaired successfully but its better to be safe imho
which phone do you have btw? :)

I have Rogers Nokia Lumia 920.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs