i bought a lumia 920 1 month back.I used it for 2 days,then suddenly it showed sim card is missing or invalid.i have done factory reset several times but condition unchanged.sad thing is that it doesnt have any warranty.anyone please help me to solve the case.

phn details: RM-820_lta_lta1_285
    operator :000-MX
    i am using this set in Bangladesh.tried several local operator but same problem!!!
    05-23-2014 11:06 AM
    try the following:

* turn off phone, eject sim tray, take out your sim card and try placing it again into the tray and place it back into the phone
    * try a different sim card of another operator
    * are you using nano sim to micro sim adapter? these have been known to cause issues
    05-23-2014 11:38 AM
    i contacted with nokia care center in bangladesh, they told me that the phn is kind of operator locked.they claimed 6500 bdt to solve the case. is it reliable?
    05-23-2014 12:33 PM
    when you put in your Bangladesh sim card, does the phone ask for an unlock code?

EDIT: in the first post you mentioned that you had used the phone for a few days, I can't see how the phone is carrier locked if you were able to use it before
    05-23-2014 10:38 PM
    when you put in your Bangladesh sim card, does the phone ask for an unlock code?

EDIT: in the first post you mentioned that you had used the phone for a few days, I can't see how the phone is carrier locked if you were able to use it before
    yap i used for 2 days.
    it never asked for any code....
    05-23-2014 11:46 PM
    yap i used for 2 days.
    it never asked for any code....
    Then it is not locked to any carrier. The issue may be hardware related; maybe a faulty sim reader?
    05-23-2014 11:56 PM
    This was common with other WP devices too. They say add a small piece of tape to the SIM card and it should be ok. Hope it helps.
    05-24-2014 12:53 AM
    This was common with other WP devices too. They say add a small piece of tape to the SIM card and it should be ok. Hope it helps.
    thanx for ur concern. i tried it but no improvement!!!!!!!!!! even i tried firmware recovery through nokia softare recovery tool.
    so next is what??????????
    05-24-2014 01:31 PM
    How are the printlayers of your sim ? Try to rub them a little up. And how does it fit, is it tight or loose?
    It needs a tight fit.

Just come in to mind...
    Do you use a original sim or one who is cut?
    05-24-2014 01:42 PM
    Most of the time this is a problem with the SIM card itself. Replacing it with a new one most often resolves the issue. I had to replace the SIM card on a 920 once but it's not a specific issue to the 920 or WP devices in general. You need to either test a different SIM card in your phone or your SIM card in a different phone.
    05-24-2014 01:51 PM
    @maaz mansori
    Yes it mostly does.
    Had the same with my sim.
    Worked for years, than i started to use Nokia and because of that i had to cut my sim.
    Worked great until a sudden moment i got issues, maybe a month or two months later....
    I changed it for a new one and the troubles where over.
    05-24-2014 02:21 PM