Nano to Micro SIM adapter

Maaz Mansori

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
Anyone use a nano to micro SIM adapter in the 920? Does it work okay? Which brand do you recommend? I use a Lumia 1520 as a primary device but occasionally there are situations where I don't want to carry it with me so I'd like to use its nano SIM in my old 920 or get another cheap phone that supports nano SIMs (I'm surprised the 635 is Micro).

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I absolutely would advise against using a SIM adapter in the 920. Other people discussed doing this last year and in late 2012 and had nothing but headaches with the SIM card try getting jammed and everything. It's just not worth the risk.

Maaz Mansori

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
I absolutely would advise against using a SIM adapter in the 920. Other people discussed doing this last year and in late 2012 and had nothing but headaches with the SIM card try getting jammed and everything. It's just not worth the risk.

Thanks. I guess I need to rethink this. I can't seem to find an inexpensive device that uses Nano SIMs. Normally carrying my 1520 is not an issue but with summer activities like swimming, amusement parks, etc., I don't want to risk breaking or losing it. Hmmm.

nikolastz

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I also have a 1520 and on occasion when I want to take photos, I switch to my 1020, which uses a micro sim. It works perfectly. The only problem is that you have to find the perfect spot on the sim card tray to put the nano sim. Other than that, you shouldn't experience any problems from one phone to the other.

oditius

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I have done the same to. Got some cheap adapter of eBay, worked fine when I went from my 1520 to the 520.

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 1520, w/AT&T using Tapatalk

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
I have the 928 and the ICON. I tried an adaptor to go from the smaller SIM card in the ICON to the 928. It jammed. Luckily I was able to get the card and the adaptor out. I would not recommend doing the exchange.

Maaz Mansori

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
My provider (Telus) will sell you a new SIM for $10.

Thanks. My provider (AT&T) will usually replace a SIM for free but I already have a Micro SIM for the 920; it's just not activated. The issue was I wanted to be able to switch back and forth between my 1520 and 920 using the same SIM so that I don't have the hassle of having my provider deactivate a SIM and activate different one each time. Oh well.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I've heard lots of good things about the German-made SIM adapters sold here. I've never used them though so I can't personally vouch for them. I wouldn't be surprised that if you get one of these and are careful, you wouldn't have any issues. They're not cheap though! You can also get them from Amazon. It's the same thing as far as I can tell, and it's much cheaper and probably faster shipping.

I've used cheap adapters from eBay and Amazon with no problem. I used them in a 920, a 520, and a couple different Nexus devices.

Sebastianx

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
Never used an adapter. Nokia also issued an statement regarding this matter. Your sim tray could get jammed or stucked. Also using adapters will void your warranty.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786