cracked screen! digitizer?

mv740

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
well today i have dropped my 920 and the screen is broken. I can still perfectly use it. So does it mean that I only need the digitizer? I am still confused about digitzer vs lcd.

So i know there is a lot of vendor on ebay... i have checked a couple of post on the forum but there are old, so i was wondering if someone has bought one recently and would like to share me his link. I have seen the video and it seen to be not that hard to change but i just need a reliable place to buy the part and that it doesn't cost a fortune.

11B1P

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
The digitizer is responsible for touch. It is adhered to the glass.

The LCD is below that and gives you the picture. It is adhered to the digitizer and glass.

All three (glass, digitizer and LCD) are fused into one assembly and should be replaced as one unit. It should run you about $80 on ebay. I replaced one a couple months back and wasn't hard to do, but I replace screens pretty regularly. You have to have the right screwdrivers to get the screws out.

You can PM me if you need further assistance.

mv740

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
The digitizer is responsible for touch. It is adhered to the glass.

The LCD is below that and gives you the picture. It is adhered to the digitizer and glass.

All three (glass, digitizer and LCD) are fused into one assembly and should be replaced as one unit. It should run you about $80 on ebay. I replaced one a couple months back and wasn't hard to do, but I replace screens pretty regularly. You have to have the right screwdrivers to get the screws out.

You can PM me if you need further assistance.
can you give me the link to where you have bought yours screen. thank for the added information.

rajuks1991

May 29, 2014
Visit site
Once you brake your screen, you will never get one like the original.
My cousin had the same issue, he ordered a screen from eBay but the quality was pretty bad :/

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire