should I buy the L920 now?

sapegm

Jun 19, 2014
Visit site
Hello everyone! I'm looking to buy two unlocked phones. My budget at this moment is 600$. Meaning no more than 300$ per phone.

The Nokia Lumia 920 is around 270$ on amazon, I could even buy two good impact cases for each phone... but i do not know if it would be wise for me to do such thing,

Is it too old?

I can not afford the nokia lumia 1020 nor the 1520. Only IF i were to buy one phone. And no way I could afford any of these in my country, I am from venezuela. And everything in here is eeally expensive.

I will be honest I have looked into android phones too, but my choices are either s3 or s4 mini, and I am liking more the Lumia 920...

I also read somewhere that who would buy a Lumia without a sd slot when theres the 8.1 update... i am liking the wirelesss charging on this phone, The Nokia Lumia 925 i can not afford it either, its around 310-320$. There is one seller though, selling it for 299.99 but i would not be able to buy any case or such ....

Any help will be really appreciated :grin:

James8561

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
L920 for $270??? you should look at Ebay. last I bought mine for $160. it should be even lower now.
the 920 is your best bet as it has all the cool features but not the high price of the newer models ;)
lumia 920 unlocked | eBay
try to look for non-US, non-AT&T ones.

sapegm

Jun 19, 2014
Visit site
L920 for $270??? you should look at Ebay. last I bought mine for $160. it should be even lower now.
the 920 is your best bet as it has all the cool features but not the high price of the newer models ;)
lumia 920 unlocked | eBay
try to look for non-US, non-AT&T ones.

I have never used that site before, what should I be looking for regarding the sellers? Did you get it for 160$ new or was it used?

I am seeing new L920 for 229$ shipping from Hong Kong. Are these the same?

wgrs

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
Be careful: these phones from ebay/Hongkong have no manufacturer warranty. You can only return it during the first 2 weeks if arrives defective.

Taigatrommel

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
Considering your other options like S3 or S4 Mini aren't the hottest stuff around nowadays either, I wouldn't worry too much about the 920s age. It still performs well even with 8.1 and it will also get the Cyan update later this summer which should bring a range of improvements.

In terms of hardware specs the 920, 925 and even the 1020 are quite similar. They sport the same processors, the same battery and the same display resolution. Major differences are housing, display technologies (920: IPS, 925/1020: SuperAMOLED), different cameras.

Personally I'd be rather careful with ordering such expensive items from Hong Kong. I'd rather buy from Amazon and have the reassurance of their customer support in case there is anything wrong with the device.

sapegm

Jun 19, 2014
Visit site
Considering your other options like S3 or S4 Mini aren't the hottest stuff around nowadays either, I wouldn't worry too much about the 920s age. It still performs well even with 8.1 and it will also get the Cyan update later this summer which should bring a range of improvements.

In terms of hardware specs the 920, 925 and even the 1020 are quite similar. They sport the same processors, the same battery and the same display resolution. Major differences are housing, display technologies (920: IPS, 925/1020: SuperAMOLED), different cameras.

Personally I'd be rather careful with ordering such expensive items from Hong Kong. I'd rather buy from Amazon and have the reassurance of their customer support in case there is anything wrong with the device.

Thanks wgrs and Taigatrommel. It is true, ill stay with Amazon!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon