posted via windows phone on Facebook?

John r D

Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
my friend post stuff to Facebook and it says something like via windows phone,but when i post stuff it don't say that. or maybe its just his pictures he posts but there nothing saying that on mine? i hope I'm making sense lol thanks for any help!

travis_valkyrie

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
If he's using WP7 or WP8, it came from People hub (because this uses the old FB account link with Microsoft so it goes through Microsoft's servers before it gets posted to Facebook). So basically in WP8.1, it doesn't matter if you post from People hub, it's gonna open the app anyway so it'll post via Facebook for Windows Phone.

John r D

Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
If he's using WP7 or WP8, it came from People hub (because this uses the old FB account link with Microsoft so it goes through Microsoft's servers before it gets posted to Facebook). So basically in WP8.1, it doesn't matter if you post from People hub, it's gonna open the app anyway so it'll post via Facebook for Windows Phone.

He was using a WP8 when he posted them, not sure why mine are not posting as Facebook for windows phone!

travis_valkyrie

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
via Windows Phone
Only when posting from a WP7 or WP8 device.
Posting from Me tile, or sharing a photo to Facebook.
You cannot get this with WP8.1.

via Facebook for Windows Phone
If on WP7 or WP8 device, you can only get this by posting your stuff through the Facebook application.
You only get this on WP8.1.

John r D

Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
via Windows Phone
Only when posting from a WP7 or WP8 device.
Posting from Me tile, or sharing a photo to Facebook.
You cannot get this with WP8.1.

via Facebook for Windows Phone
If on WP7 or WP8 device, you can only get this by posting your stuff through the Facebook application.
You only get this on WP8.1.

I'm using a 920 with 8.1 posting it from the FB application. IM just wondering why his phone says that when he posts to FB and not mine,no big deal if i can't get it to work lol

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos