Warranty question - Nokia or Phones 4 u?

peachy001

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Hello all. Slight issue with my phone, the headphone jack has stopped working. It does not even notice when the headphones are plugged in. I have had the phone 18 months, and assumed I am covered by a 2yr warranty. Sadly, I need the phone 24/7 and so cannot be without it for the weeks it may take to repair. I got the phone on a contract from Phones 4 u, but sadly, they were not particularly helpful when I tried their store at the weekend. Certainly no offer of a loan phone. They told me I should have bought their extended cover, which I was a bit peeved with. I am even more annoyed by the fact that I have used the headphone jack less than 5 times. Should I persevere with Phones 4 u or attempt a discussion with Nokia Care? All input is very welcome.

David P2

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
Hello all. Slight issue with my phone, the headphone jack has stopped working. It does not even notice when the headphones are plugged in. I have had the phone 18 months, and assumed I am covered by a 2yr warranty. Sadly, I need the phone 24/7 and so cannot be without it for the weeks it may take to repair. I got the phone on a contract from Phones 4 u, but sadly, they were not particularly helpful when I tried their store at the weekend. Certainly no offer of a loan phone. They told me I should have bought their extended cover, which I was a bit peeved with. I am even more annoyed by the fact that I have used the headphone jack less than 5 times. Should I persevere with Phones 4 u or attempt a discussion with Nokia Care? All input is very welcome.

Their (Phones4U) helpfulness scales from chocolate teapot in a desert, to ice cube machine in the Antarctic. I'd try your network directly, since it's them you (should?) have the payment agreement with. Failing that, head for Nokia directly.

peachy001

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Orange are cunning devils, in the past they have stated that they do not cover issues because I purchased through a third party. I may give them a call, but they are likely to fob me off I reckon.

peachy001

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
The Nokia website was quite good. But I know I would have to send it away. A couple of days is fine but I can't be without it for weeks.

engineermoore

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
Nokia were great when I had an issue. Arranged for ups to collect my phone from my house the next day, and the phone was returned, fixed, exactly 1 week later. I think it took a little longer as it was collected on a Friday and because they had to fix another issue ( it failed QA for some reason)

David P2

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
The Nokia website was quite good. But I know I would have to send it away. A couple of days is fine but I can't be without it for weeks.

If it's mostly calls and emails then a cheap E series Nokia could tide you over in the meantime. E63 is pretty good and quite cheap these days. Unless you can find a more local place that offers Care Centre services of course.

David P2

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
You would most likely need an adapter or the rest of the sim if it was pushed out of a normal size sim. But you can get away with just sliding it in but it's a little more fiddly to remove. As a temporary fix for a temporary phone it should suffice. I've done that before and had no problems with it.

E63 is a full qwerty phone as well. Does 3G happily at HSDPA speed. Supports Whatsapp (if that's needed as well) and has a camera+flash, with the ability to be used as a torch (holding the space bar down). Takes a micro SD card as well and I *think* it does FM radio as well. Can be used as a modem as well but I think you need to install the nokia suite for it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans