Techical problems on my Lumia 920 - Your opinions!

arielwp

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
Hi wpcental,
I like my phone in general, but I have some problems and I'm curious if any you are familiar with
First of all , my phone gets slower, does things slowly than used to, but that's normally with every phone, kind of a wear and tear.. I guess people here can spot that also

I have this cyan vertical line on the screen, and his best friend just joined him last week called the purple vertical line. second thing i have is a buzzing earpiece sometimes when i turn the volume high. those kind of stuff (crappy screen , earpiece, etc) repel me from buying new wp8 phones such as the 925,1020, 930... It doesn't really bother me, but it's annoying , frustrating and makes your phone harder to sell.

[ My phone was bought from AT&T though I bought it from ebay. I live in israel so sending it to fix is a complex thing.. ]

Do any of u heard or have this problem(s)? what are you planning to do with it? how about upgrading to a new Lumia phone?

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
eBay is always a big risk - sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. I have more bad experiences than good ones on eBay. However, my daily driver Lumia 810 was from the Gazelle store on eBay and it works just fine. The two 810 devices I got from other sellers on eBay both had problems. I would say you are better off purchasing the international version of Lumia devices available in MEA region.

Skuggemannen

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
Hi.
Sorry to hear about your problems.
I've had quite a few Windows Phones, and I stuffed all with apps because I like to try stuff. None of them slowed down a single bit no matter what. That is one of the things I really like about Windows Phone compared to my Android devices that quickly got slow and messy.

I have never had problems with cyan vertical line, but my old Lumia 800 got one after I lost it on the asphalt. It stopped working a few weeks later and started behaving strange.

Never experienced buzzing problems on any of my WP phones so far: 800/900/Samsung Ativ S/920/930.

My first 920 I also dropped on the floor a few times to many, and the flashlight started acting up after that. The Phone was stolen, so I got myself a new 920.

My thoughts are; your phone is definitely not like it should be. If these symptoms came over time, it sounds more as if the phone was damaged somehow. As you can see, I have not had any reservations upgrading to a new Lumia in the past, mostly because they have been incredibly reliable and hassle free, and I really liked every single one of them. I upgrade because I'm so notoriously curious about the next thing.

As far as quality and hardware reliability goes, you shouldn’t have anything to worry about if you buy a new Lumia in my opinion.

arielwp

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
eBay is always a big risk - sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. I have more bad experiences than good ones on eBay. However, my daily driver Lumia 810 was from the Gazelle store on eBay and it works just fine. The two 810 devices I got from other sellers on eBay both had problems. I would say you are better off purchasing the international version of Lumia devices available in MEA region.
I checked everything that could be checked before I bought it. As you understand , those problem can not be seen or spotted before having them, and I had absolutely no idea of their existence.
Buying in the MEA would be an easy way if price wasn't so damn high..

Edit: You look official, do you know why I can't see notifications near my user name? I didn't see any when you responded.
Hi.
Sorry to hear about your problems.
I've had quite a few Windows Phones, and I stuffed all with apps because I like to try stuff. None of them slowed down a single bit no matter what. That is one of the things I really like about Windows Phone compared to my Android devices that quickly got slow and messy.

I have never had problems with cyan vertical line, but my old Lumia 800 got one after I lost it on the asphalt. It stopped working a few weeks later and started behaving strange.

Never experienced buzzing problems on any of my WP phones so far: 800/900/Samsung Ativ S/920/930.

My first 920 I also dropped on the floor a few times to many, and the flashlight started acting up after that. The Phone was stolen, so I got myself a new 920.

My thoughts are; your phone is definitely not like it should be. If these symptoms came over time, it sounds more as if the phone was damaged somehow. As you can see, I have not had any reservations upgrading to a new Lumia in the past, mostly because they have been incredibly reliable and hassle free, and I really liked every single one of them. I upgrade because I'm so notoriously curious about the next thing.

As far as quality and hardware reliability goes, you shouldn’t have anything to worry about if you buy a new Lumia in my opinion.
Well , as far as I checked, those problem are random. Of course I've dropped it several times, but after none of them those problem occured. This new vertical purple line was literally popping out while I was using my phone . I was on Whatsapp when I suddenly noticed a new vertical line. the other one was a long time ago. I pressed to lock button, pushed to phone into its case (those kind of cases whole phone goes in, like a purse or something), I think I heared a little pushing-cracking khh sound, then I opened it and saw the line .. buzzing came from totally no where.
I'm not the only one with those problems, It's actually common among some Lumia phones, you can run a small search and see.
I'm also very curious about the new ones, and it might just be a bad phone and luck..

Edit: p.s Thanks for your opinion :) , btw, how's the L930? comparing to 920's weight, size (putting it in a pocket) and feel in hands?

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Notifications would appear if you are using Tapatalk. If not, in the browser version you only get PM, Likes and Thanks along with Friend Requests.

930 is actually not an issue in terms of weight/size compared to the 920. Cheers!

JamesPTao

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
Not normal problems. I have had the 920 since it first came out. I agree it does sound like damage. Just because it didn't show up right after a drop doesn't mean the drop didn't cause it. There could be a broken piece inside shorting something out.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon