Bye 920?

TiLoBrown

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
After having the 920 since it came out it may finally have an unfixable issue. My fiance and I were leaving the AT&T store add when she took a sharp turn the phone flew off my lap and landed with the top SIM card/headphone jack area on the the ground and ever since then the vibrations have been pretty weak.

She's coming to AT&T and with me hoping on her new contract I'll be eligible for a new phone. I just don't know which one to go with. The 1520, 1020, or stay with a new 920. So I'm looking for some opinions. Also will it still be possible to go to 8.1 or was that a one shot deal with this 920?

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
I own the L920. I'm on the WP8.1 preview. I'll be getting the official one including any future updates in relation to WP8. After that, who knows?

If I had to choose I'd go with 1020 simply due to the screen size. The 1520 is the only true 'new' gen that you listed. So it's up to you. Wait for a another phone or be happy with what's out there. To me the L920 should go quietly into the night. It's been a troublesome phone for me.

TiLoBrown

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
I own the L920. I'm on the WP8.1 preview. I'll be getting the official one including any future updates in relation to WP8. After that, who knows?

If I had to choose I'd go with 1020 simply due to the screen size. The 1520 is the only true 'new' gen that you listed. So it's up to you. Wait for a another phone or be happy with what's out there. To me the L920 should go quietly into the night. It's been a troublesome phone for me.

Really? what happened? Mine held up well without a case or anything

Benjamin Morris

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
I got a 1520 a few months back. Came from using a Galaxy S3. First time using Windows mobile and having a phone this size. Really like the 1520 I would recommend it.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
I would say hold off till you can till the rumored 1525 has been announced, if you cannot then end up getting a S5 which you can sell later to get another WP flagship later this year. If you can live with the touch sensitivity issues in the 1520 or the slow camera and bad battery backup on the 1020 then go for it, they are nice phones it's just that holding off for a few months might let you have a better phone rather than regret.

Hopefully the 1525 turns out to be the rumored 1520v, the 5.5 inch version of the 1520

aseferian

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I'm also an AT&T 920 customer, and dreading the day when I'll be forced to replace it. It's still serving me well, coming up on 2 years! My biggest concern is AT&T's abandonment of Qi. I've got Qi chargers everywhere, because it is so convenient and they got so cheap. I'm interested in hearing how others are going to deal with this dilemma.

TiLoBrown

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
I'm also an AT&T 920 customer, and dreading the day when I'll be forced to replace it. It's still serving me well, coming up on 2 years! My biggest concern is AT&T's abandonment of Qi. I've got Qi chargers everywhere, because it is so convenient and they got so cheap. I'm interested in hearing how others are going to deal with this dilemma.
Yea iI only have the 1 Qi charger but its a factor in to which new phone I want

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Really? what happened? Mine held up well without a case or anything

Quick run down....

First month - spinning wheels of death, no NSU at this time, 10 days without phone.
I have the poor battery issue
I have the over hearing issue
I've ended up having to hard reset the phone at least five times now.
I have the yellow/brown screen issue. I don't even have screen on that long.

I've just recently hard reset the phone because my phone was getting so hot you could get an egg on it. This was due to the WP8.1 DP.

I have little sought I'll have to hard reset after I get the Cyan update, whenever that is.

So, it hasn't been a great experience. Not to mention other issues I had with simply using the OS in a personal business. Thankfully I'm not running that business anymore but it was painful at the time.

michaelkriss

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
I had the 920 for a year or so and really liked it. I wanted something new so I went for the 1020 and while I liked it, I didn't notice anything really much better about it compared to the 920. I am currently lusting after the 1520, that SD card is calling my name.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077