Help Needed!!! Lumia 920 screen blacked out suddenly :( Phone is working but screen is Black!

Manu6901

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
Hello dear forum members!
Today morning while using my L920 the screen had some reddish-magenta-ish lines on whole right side of the display and it started increasing within seconds. Hence I switched off my phone and later when I try to switch it back on, the display is black but OS is running, phone rings and functions normally but no Display!! :(:cry: :crying:

Can I do something about this? tried doing Soft Reset, then hard reset by simultaneous holding of all 3 keys i.e. Vol Down, Power & Camera buttons. But no change observed :(

Frantic call for help!! :crying:

wphashan

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
Hello dear forum members!
Today morning while using my L920 the screen had some reddish-magenta-ish lines on whole right side of the display and it started increasing within seconds. Hence I switched off my phone and later when I try to switch it back on, the display is black but OS is running, phone rings and functions normally but no Display!! :(:cry: :crying:

Can I do something about this? tried doing Soft Reset, then hard reset by simultaneous holding of all 3 keys i.e. Vol Down, Power & Camera buttons. But no change observed :(

Frantic call for help!! :crying:
Sadly, I guess you have to replace the display

Manu6901

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
Sadly, I guess you have to replace the display
The display cost of L920 in India is 12,000 rupees! :( :( 12K for mere LCD display is outrageous, its one third of the cost of phone which I paid!!
Is buying a new phone a better option? I had plans of waiting for McLaren launch in India :( :(

Ashalinia

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Your best options are either to buy a low cost device to tide yourself over for the next flagship or replace it with a current one, in my opinion. I don't find replacing the display to be worth it generally.

Manu6901

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
Your best options are either to buy a low cost device to tide yourself over for the next flagship or replace it with a current one, in my opinion. I don't find replacing the display to be worth it generally.
Yeah bro, I too think replacing the LCD is waste of money! I have no option but to take a low-end device and adjust with it till a worthy successor of L920 arrives in market! (Current new launches like 1520, 930 do not excite me)

Ixia

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
That is the only option I got i guess :( Downgrading to 512mb ram phone is quite difficult after using L920.
I bought a 520 for my daughter and was surprised how good it is. I have a 1020 and compared to this the only things I don't like are the screen and camera quality, but I could manage fine with it on a temporary basis.

sidn625

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
Mine did a similar thing a little while back, I waited for its battery to completely run out, then plugged in the charger and turned it on. It did the trick.

mrzees

Mar 3, 2013
Visit site
Similar thing happening to a colleague of mine. He had to buy a screen and digitizer. Although it was only a faulty screen he still decided to get both since he had a few scratches on the digitizer. He put it on himself. NL920 is one of the easier phones to FIY.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Yeah replace it yourself, if not try buying a cheap WP, you can check Xolo or Micromax as an alternative
Sent from Tapatalk on my Nokia Lumia 925 running WP8.1

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss