WP 8.1 for Lumia 920

holzlondon

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Now I'm a bit envious.... My wife updated her 925 to WP 8.1, and I'm still stuck on 8.0. I know it's just a matter of time, but a little frustrating. Can't wait for the Swype keyboard, works brilliantly on the 925...

Wam1q

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
Now I'm a bit envious.... My wife updated her 925 to WP 8.1, and I'm still stuck on 8.0. I know it's just a matter of time, but a little frustrating. Can't wait for the Swype keyboard, works brilliantly on the 925...
If you want to get it early, you can try the developers' preview.

holzlondon

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Yep, I have it on two 920's and it works pretty well.

I'm sure it does! But I've lasted this long, I'm sure I'll last a few more weeks.

Plus iI'm not very keen on the update issues when changing to the "official" Cyan update.

Thanks for tthetips tho!

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm sure it does! But I've lasted this long, I'm sure I'll last a few more weeks.

Plus iI'm not very keen on the update issues when changing to the "official" Cyan update.

Thanks for tthetips tho!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought it only affected 925's with encryption enabled?

anism

Jan 29, 2014
Visit site
Hi
I don't understand Microsoft/Nokia's strategies. 920 was the flagship and 925 didn't even sell that many but still 920 hasn't updated to 8.1 being the very first phone to have Windows Phone 8 on it. This is causing frustration. L920 from Australia

Captainbluebanana

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
Hi
I don't understand Microsoft/Nokia's strategies. 920 was the flagship and 925 didn't even sell that many but still 920 hasn't updated to 8.1 being the very first phone to have Windows Phone 8 on it. This is causing frustration. L920 from Australia

Well firmware is different for each phone. So they will come out for different times. 920 user

anism

Jan 29, 2014
Visit site
Yeah Sure, firmware is different but that's not the point. We have been the longest on the WP8 since being the first phone to carry WP8 and still we didn't receive the update first. They should update devices in order they were introduced. This is just wild. 925 gets it and then pretty new 1520 gets it but nothing for 920 yet not even rumours for an ETA

spaulagain

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
Yeah Sure, firmware is different but that's not the point. We have been the longest on the WP8 since being the first phone to carry WP8 and still we didn't receive the update first. They should update devices in order they were introduced. This is just wild. 925 gets it and then pretty new 1520 gets it but nothing for 920 yet not even rumours for an ETA

Older phones are often the last on the list. That's almost always the case. Get over it.

StuBeck

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, its not going to be that the oldest device gets it first. Its also based on your carrier. Its not a big deal to wait a bit longer, we know we're getting it, so just sit tight for a bit longer!

holzlondon

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I would not expect it to be first on the list. After nearly 2 years I do still expect it to be supported, but certainly not as a first priority.

Tim Weatherby

Jul 22, 2014
Visit site
WP for ya. Nothing is quick. They have announced 8.1 a long time ago and nothing. This is coming from a WP fan to. Oh well just wait until next yr maybe I will get. Not doing developers either heard ro many stories on that.

Posted via Windows Phone Central App

camptime

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
WP for ya. Nothing is quick. They have announced 8.1 a long time ago and nothing. This is coming from a WP fan to. Oh well just wait until next yr maybe I will get. Not doing developers either heard ro many stories on that.
My wife has my old 920 and the notification bar at the top would make her very happy. been waiting for this update for way to long. long time windows supporter here as well starting from the very fist windows phones.

Posted via Windows Phone Central App

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadDaniel