Lumia 920 Vibration Motor

bj7859

Jul 20, 2014
Visit site
Like many 920 owners, my vibration has stopped working. I can hear the faint sound of the motor when I put the phone up to my ear.

My question is this:
Has anyone tried to change the motor themselves? I'm a mechanical engineer and a former electrician, so I feel qualified to attempt the fix. I would prefer to have some insight before digging into this phone, though.

I plan on waiting until the WP 8.1 update comes out to see if there is a software fix first. Any thoughts are welcomed. Thank you.

sagar_25

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Like many 920 owners, my vibration has stopped working. I can hear the faint sound of the motor when I put the phone up to my ear.

My question is this:
Has anyone tried to change the motor themselves? I'm a mechanical engineer and a former electrician, so I feel qualified to attempt the fix. I would prefer to have some insight before digging into this phone, though.

I plan on waiting until the WP 8.1 update comes out to see if there is a software fix first. Any thoughts are welcomed. Thank you.

My friend even I had the same problem with my Lumia 920. Fix is simple, hold your phone by screen facing down. And put pressure in the middle first and start putting a little pressure on all 4 sides. Restart the phone it will start working! No need to give it to service.

bj7859

Jul 20, 2014
Visit site
Himanshu, thank you for that link. Since he didn't actually remove the vibration motor, I think it is safe to assume that it is permanently attached to the main board and cannot be replaced. Hopefully the WP8.1 update solves this issue. If it does not work, I will probably get a new phone and try to tinker with the broken one later.

Sagar, thank you for the guidance on how you fixed your phone. It did not work for me, though.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos