Have the 520, eBay has the 920 for $140. Good buy?

Brent Church

May 28, 2014
Visit site
I have the 520 (two actually since I dropped one and was not sure I could fix the other) and found this deal on Slickdeals on a factory referb 920, unlocked, 32gb, and red or yellow. Is this a decent upgrade to consider? I'm really thinking of the camera and that looks much better, but have heard concerns of battery life and dust in the front facing camera.

Thoughts on the upgrade, eBay factory referbs, or other concerns?

Thanks, :eek:rly:

Brent

decaf19

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
I bought my 920 on eBay used for $90 it was a steal because of the condition...coming from a HTC 8x I can say this feels like the hardware plays nicer with dp 8.1 and the screen is larger which I like camera I haven't had any issues front or rear I use an otter box commuter with a screen protector...im on dp 8.1 and battery I get about a day with light use 12-14 hours if I use it nonstop like not shutting the screen of I get about 5-6

Edit: You may have to cycle charge ir at first I only got about 4 hours light use I let it drain completely then let it charge overnight and then drain it down to 5% or so then full charge over night again

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Absolutely.
Considering my sister got her 521 at $130-40, this is a steal.
That is, if you don't mind the slight risk and not-new-ness.

I'd spring for it.

onysi

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
bought one as soon as it got down to 150. best purchase ever. my 920 gets more look, and for some reason people think im using a shiny case. nope.

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
was recommending that same deal to somebody in a different thread just yesterday. For refurbished at $140 it's a great deal. There was a deal for new ones at $200 not long ago, but that went up to $215.

cheers

Brent Church

May 28, 2014
Visit site
I went ahead and did it and will give my 520 to my daughter as a music player sans the sim card. I opted for the red one and will reply here when I get it. Thanks all who replied.

JamesPTao

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
Get a qi charger, well worth it. Enjoy your 920. I've had mine two years and works like the day I got it. Also recomend the slim case for it by Nokia. I'll have to post the model# later. Fits like a glove but can barely tell there's a case on it.

bassoprofundo

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site
I was about to bite on this, and then I saw that Tigerdirect actually had new ones for $150. I snagged a red one for my daughter and just got it today. I finally moved on to a 1020 (work) and 1520 (home) combo now, but I absolutely loved my 920. Now my two oldest are both using a 920 over the 520s I'd gotten them before, and they both love them. Absolutely a steal at this price...

sherwin892

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
Depending on your location and patience you can snag fairly good deals on WP as I have. I could no longer bear 512mb of ram on my 520 so i found a brand new HTC 8x a few months ago for $70. Recently sold for $130 and bought a used 1020 for $200 in excellent condition. No regrets the best windows phone yet for me. Had the 1520 for a whole but found it too big. Either way its still a great price amd you'll great enjoy and benefot fron the upgrade it has to offer. Craigslist is awesome

anon(5348756)

Sep 28, 2012
Visit site
I can assure you you'll be happy with it. I upgraded from a 620 to the 920 and I'm delighted half a year later still. I have no desire to upgrade to a 8.1 device, I expect to use this 920 for 1-2 years or until it dies!

Brent Church

May 28, 2014
Visit site
Good to hear. I like the WP 8.1 UI and all, just wish the app store situation was better. Discerning quality when you search for something is difficult.

I can assure you you'll be happy with it. I upgraded from a 620 to the 920 and I'm delighted half a year later still. I have no desire to upgrade to a 8.1 device, I expect to use this 920 for 1-2 years or until it dies!

JamesPTao

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
Good to hear. I like the WP 8.1 UI and all, just wish the app store situation was better. Discerning quality when you search for something is difficult.

Its a learning process. I have a couple windows news feeds in my news reader which constantly highlight good apps. Many times I will download an app pin it or group similar in a folder and toy with them until o decide which I like best and uninstall the rest.

Brent Church

May 28, 2014
Visit site
I did do it just before they ran out. Should be here tomorrow. No case, but I'll get it along with capacitors to fix a LCD monitor. Need to be able to get thm switched though.

rcloke91

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
I'm also going to be testing the WP waters. I recently switched to Cricket and bought the Lumia 520 since it would be free after rebate. Not bad for 'free,' but I wanted something nicer so I picked up one of the glossy red 920s that remained via that seller on eBay. The HTC One will still be my full time device, but the 920 will be nice as a backup. I'm currently using the Moto G as I have a replacement One arriving tomorrow,but so too should the 920!

(so yes, I have the One M7, Moto G, 520, and 920. Only money, right?)

For we n00bs, any suggestions in regard to apps or settings enhancements? I don't use many apps really. I know the 920 is getting up there, but I want to test its camera as best I can.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro