Bing Search activated when I put phone to sleep

Kristoffer Newsom

Dec 3, 2013
Visit site
A few months ago, the camera in my 920 crapped out, and I got it replaced by ATT as it was still under warranty. ...and the new phone has been great! For the most part. About two weeks after I got it, I had a day where the battery suddenly died midday, unusual for a 920, especially a new one. I cleaned it up a bit, recharged it entirely, and then everything seemed fine for another week or two. Then the same thing happened, and happened again only a few days later. A month had already passed, so now this phone is out of warranty, and I can't bring it back. ...one day, I took it out of my pocket and noticed that the display was already on! Not peek, but the proper display, and this happened more than once. Often, it would be on bing search. Then one day I decided to put it down on the desk, and instead of going to sleep like it should have, Bing Search popped up, and it all made sense. I've since noticed that about one in every four or five times, Bing Search will pop up instead of the phone going to sleep, and I've been VERY careful to ensure I'm not bumping the search button (I've gotten very skillful at not pressing this button, it's taken a lot of practice).

So. What do I do about a phone that randomly goes to "search" when I just want to put it to sleep?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99