Missing "choose Start background photo"

Cata Daniels

Aug 3, 2014
Visit site
My Lumia 920 has the Lumia Black update.Core Build: 3051.40000.1349.10317
Accessories Agent 3.0.2.1
I am missing the .... "settings > start + theme > choose Start background photo" option. I can't change the background image of my start screen. :unhappy:
I did all the updates,I installed SysApp,updated all my other app's etc. I don't know what to do.Why is this setting missing ?
Is there another way to change my start screen background image ?

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Hey can you also post the OS version. Also try a soft reset and see if the issue still persists , long press the volume down + lock button until your phone vibrates and reboot itself (ignore the sliding screen to power off the phone ).

Cata Daniels

Aug 3, 2014
Visit site
It seas my OS version is 8.0.....should be 8.1 ?? Strange i thought Black Edition Lumia only ran on 8.1
How can i get the 8.1 version? Is there a way to manually update it ?
What i did is this:
I used Nokia Software Updater for Retail 4.2.1 to update it to 3051.40000.1349.10317 Cuz using the updating software included wasn't getting me any results.When i clicked update it told me i already have the latest.
Now i get the same thing.It tells me i have the latest.
Again,maybe if i got the 8.1 instead of the 8.0 i could get the extra option for background image on my start screen.Do you guys know how can i update ?
* Yes i did the soft reset.Did not work.

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
It seas my OS version is 8.0.....should be 8.1 ?? Strange i thought Black Edition Lumia only ran on 8.1
How can i get the 8.1 version? Is there a way to manually update it ?
What i did is this:
I used Nokia Software Updater for Retail 4.2.1 to update it to 3051.40000.1349.10317 Cuz using the updating software included wasn't getting me any results.When i clicked update it told me i already have the latest.
Now i get the same thing.It tells me i have the latest.
Again,maybe if i got the 8.1 instead of the 8.0 i could get the extra option for background image on my start screen.Do you guys know how can i update ?
* Yes i did the soft reset.Did not work.

sign in to dev.windowsphone.com. Fill in the details. When it prompts you to make an app leave the page. You are now officially a "Developer". Get the Preview For Developers app on your phone. Sign in and tick the box to enroll. Check for updates in the settings menu. You should now be able to install 8.1.

Cata Daniels

Aug 3, 2014
Visit site
In order to create this account ,and become dev. you go through some steps. First your info ,then agreement ,then payment.It costs money to get a dev account. :(
So what i did,is: i downloaded the app,installed. Logged in with microsoft account.and it said "done". How ever i had to create the dev account...and like i said that cost money.
I checked on my phone for updates again. Nothing.I'm getting nothing.

Last edited:

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
In order to create this account ,and become dev. you go through some steps. First your info ,then agreement ,then payment.It costs money to get a dev account. :(
So what i did,is: i downloaded the app,installed. Logged in with microsoft account.and it said "done". How ever i had to create the dev account...and like i said that cost money.
I checked on my phone for updates again. Nothing.I'm getting nothing.

sorry you were supposed to go to appstudio.windowsphone.com first which is free. Then sign in the app. You wasted your money *facepalm* did you remember to tick the box? Go back to the app and check. Also when there is an update available it can take a very long time to check.

Cata Daniels

Aug 3, 2014
Visit site
ok i went to appstudio.windowsphone.com. I created an user name ,email etc. I am in....i get some templates and how to create an app. Now what ? How does this help me?
* and no i did not pay for that dev account. I just canceled.

Cata Daniels

Aug 3, 2014
Visit site
Thank you for the link. So far i have already done the step 1 & 2.Perfectly! No errors
Stuck at step 3.Hopmedic said : "Download the preliminary update (8.0.10532.166) - It's a small update which prepares your phone for WP8.1"
Not happening for me. I can not get the small update :(

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs