This case is a pile of horse dump

bsayegh

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
Having purchased a 920 recently, I wanted to get a case. The primary reason was just to soften the corners a little bit because the phone was sometimes hard to hold.

I order an Incipio case because they were on sale at the Microsoft store online.

Wow. What a crappy little case. My issues with it are as follows

1. It is too soft and smooth. I know they wanted to go with a suede feel but it makes the phone harder to hold.
  2. The corners are just as bad as before, only now they like, stick out in some weird way because the case extends slightly out beyond the edges of the phone.
  3. It only covers the sides and the back, not the top and bottom. Most cases just have little holes for the speakers and audio jack, but generally cover the phone. I
  4. It doesnt protect the screen. Yes i know, get a screen protector. I dont mean i want to protect from scratches, i mean from shattering. I had a CaseMate for my Titan II and it stuck out a little bit beyond the depth of the phone. If i dropped it screen first, the covert would protect if from hitting the screen.

Are there better cases for the 920? Something that offers comfort and protection? Am I just too hard to please? I know the shape of the phone dictates the style of the case, but maybe there is something better out there?

EDIT: I found this one https://goto.walmart.com/c/1943169/...-Case-Cover-Skin-for-Nokia-Lumia-920/28883769

Seems to be a better option. For $2, I think ill just order it =)

bsayegh

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
Yeah some of those are certainly better than the one I have. Its hard to tell based on some of the pics whether or not the case protects the screen. At least they covert the top and bottom. At least I only wasted $5

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
The one I got was Case Mate Tough Case, but I see that the WPCentral Store no longer carries it.
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Tapatalk

bsayegh

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
I like Case Mates, but the one I see has a matte appearance. I don't really like that style as much, but I might get it anyway just to make sure its safe. Are the camera and volume buttons easy to press?

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I like Case Mates, but the one I see has a matte appearance. I don't really like that style as much, but I might get it anyway just to make sure its safe. Are the camera and volume buttons easy to press?

I actually found camera and volume buttons too easy to press without a case. I don't have any issues with the case. For a screen protector I'm using a Zagg. My case has little raised diamond shapes which makes it grippy and not slippery.

carlson03

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
Title made me laugh, I have the incipio faxion case from microsoftstore, don't really mind it, didn't put on screen protector because of the gorilla glass

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
there are at least three Incipio cases for the L920.
the feather,
the dual pro ,
and the Faxion

if you make a wise comment like this you need to be more specific :devil:

We own both the dual pro and the faxion and they are both solid cases worth the extra money (you may be able to get them cheaper when on sale).

I like the feather as well. Your point about the corners may be true with respect to the feel of it. However the corners are protected. Yes, putting it face down may harm the glass.

Both the faxion and the dual pro protect the top and bottom as well and you can put the phone face down without the glass touching the surface you put it on (unless you use gravel....). The dual pro is made of two layers, first one is the shock absorbing soft PU and the outer layer is hard PU for impact.
My wife has the faxion and she dropped it many times (don't ask me how the front survived - luck I guess). The phone has not a single scratch nor does it have discoloring from the case (white L920).

I got both of these for under $20 when they were on sale.

cheers

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb