920 + Cyan (+8.1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adriaan NL

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
I was wondering - Cyan is being rolled out for the 920 at the moment for a handful of carriers worldwide. As I have a CV, my 920 still hasn't got the update.

Does anyone have any experiences with Cyan on a 920 already? Currently running DP 8.1, and the battery life is, nicely put, horrible. Only running WhatsApp and WeChat in the background. Apart from that, and the slowness in some cases (settings, music player (the old hub), or settings), 8.1 runs very well. I wonder if Cyan will solve the battery issues and improve the speed of 8.1?

Would love to see some 920+Cyan experiences! Thanks.

armyvet66629

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
You need to roll back to windows phone 8.0 in order to update to cyan. Microsoft has blocked the update to Dev Preview users, as it creates a problem with bitlocker encrypted phones , or business phones. Microsoft has stated that they will release a fix very soon. I'd wait for the fix, since you're not missing out on anything anyways.

pedmar007

Jun 17, 2014
Visit site
Test drive a prototype and complain, how rich!! Yes it's a preview to what the official is all about but if it didn't have issues then why label it DEVELOPER'S PREVIEW?? The sole reason for that is to record all issues with various devices to correct the issues when the official update is actually released. The DP for any OS is for the makers of APPS to see how their current APPS function on any new OS update and how any future app would work on the new OS. The thing is there have been many experiences with the official and DP WP8.1 update for the same devices and only with future bug fixes with the GDR1 and GDR2 will those with L520-1520 benefit from that as any new devices will come with WP8.1 and WP8.1 updates pre-installed. What would benefit you is if those who respond have either WP8.1 DP AND WP8.1 installed and give you the answer you seek.

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I don't see his post as a complaint at all. He is stating problems he encounters with his phone in terms of speed and would like to know if Cyan + 8.1 has helped others to eliminate similar problems.
Glad I don't have issues with DP 8.1 at this point. I will wait for the fix MS promised to have out soon.

cheers

Qtweeder

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
not anymore, 920 is ago apparently for DP+cyan

i am in the uk with a 920 cv and have no cyan update OTA yet too

You need to roll back to windows phone 8.0 in order to update to cyan. Microsoft has blocked the update to Dev Preview users, as it creates a problem with bitlocker encrypted phones , or business phones. Microsoft has stated that they will release a fix very soon. I'd wait for the fix, since you're not missing out on anything anyways.

Chris Wayne2

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
The rollout was just announced, it will take some time to reach all parts of the world, don't get desperate! I the meantime I will take some pictures to compare Black vs Cyan

fiveaces01

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
I have Cyan running now on my N920 (At&T) also running DP8.1.1. I flashed to (RM821_3051.50009.1424.0018_RETAIL_eu_italy_233_18_440723_prd_signed.ffu). Used Navifirm+ Then installed the preview for Devs and got the appropriate updates. Figured I was gonna have to go back to WP8 before getting Cyan so what the hell. I was right...without Bitlocker I had NO PROBLEMS with either the Flash or the developer updates.

Liopleus Lin

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I flashed my 920 to Vodafone UK rom to get cyan, then upgrade to 8.1.1 DP. It's smoother than black+8.1.1 , can't comment on battery life since I have just finish upgrading.

Alex Rodriguez

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
wp_ss_20140815_0001.jpg

wp_ss_20140815_0002.jpg

Just read the article that the update was available for developers devices but it seems that's not the case with me. Lumia 920 developer device. Windows phone 8 running Lumia black. I checked for the update and nothing.I guess the article on the main page is wrong.

groovejumper

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
View attachment 76860

View attachment 76861

Just read the article that the update was available for developers devices but it seems that's not the case with me. Lumia 920 developer device. Windows phone 8 running Lumia black. I checked for the update and nothing.I guess the article on the main page is wrong.

Yup same here. //build 2012 920, rolled back to 8.0, but no updates available...

g.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Test drive a prototype and complain, how rich!! Yes it's a preview to what the official is all about but if it didn't have issues then why label it DEVELOPER'S PREVIEW?? The sole reason for that is to record all issues with various devices to correct the issues when the official update is actually released. The DP for any OS is for the makers of APPS to see how their current APPS function on any new OS update and how any future app would work on the new OS. The thing is there have been many experiences with the official and DP WP8.1 update for the same devices and only with future bug fixes with the GDR1 and GDR2 will those with L520-1520 benefit from that as any new devices will come with WP8.1 and WP8.1 updates pre-installed. What would benefit you is if those who respond have either WP8.1 DP AND WP8.1 installed and give you the answer you seek.
My new best friend.

Adriaan NL

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
My new best friend.

Yeah people did not really understand the intention of the post, I am looking at you Mr. Pedmar007. It's okay if you misunderstand - but don't give such an aggressive rant please. Derausgewanderte understood it: I am looking for experiences of people actually using as 920+Cyan, and I laid out a few of my issues, but I was not complaining, just hoping to hear from someone using 920+Cyan, these issues have been resolved/ dealt with. No more, no less.

So, people using 920+Cyan, please tell us something about your experiences.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077