My Lumia 920 has never been 100% stable - I experienced countless lockups since I bought it a year ago. I kept telling me "the next update" is gonna make it better - and some times that was actually true (e.g. with GDR2/3 + Amber/Black it was almost perfectly stable [having an uptime that wasn't even computable in "System View" - apparently a signed 32bit integer is being used for milliseconds since boot]).

But for the last two-three weeks it has become extremely unstable, locking up almost every two days while being simply in my pocket or lying around (or even when charging). And thanks to the stupid implementation of NTP I always have to manually set my date and time (my provider does not support/offer NITZ)!

Currently I'm on WP8.1 + the last recent update from the developer preview + Lumia Black. Am I the only one experiencing such problems? Is there an easy and reliable way to improve the reliability of the phone?
    08-18-2014 03:10 PM
    I have occasional issues/lockups on both by 920/925 on the 8.1.1 update, I am planning to perform a hard reset once the official Cyan starts rolling out.
    08-19-2014 08:00 AM
    That's interesting and sounds like a good thing to do, although the would mean that we're gonna lose live folder + other Update 1 features. Or would you enroll into the Developer Preview again?

BTW: Was your 920 ever 100% stable?
    08-19-2014 03:29 PM
    my 920 is ****up after the last update of the preview program, the buttons doesn't work, glance doesn't work, now my phone is always "charging" even if a disconnect it from the power cable the icon doesn't go away and the battery is always at 0%
    08-19-2014 03:35 PM
    Whoa, that sounds pretty bad - my problems seem really minor compared to yours. (Though I just had to reboot the phone, as glance screen was first flipped and than gone for good completely…)
    What do you plan to do to fix your phone?
    08-19-2014 03:54 PM
    i don't know i'm tired of reset my phone and nothing work i was looking for a tutorial so i can flash my phone with the cyan update
    08-19-2014 04:12 PM
    Hmm Cyan is still not available for me (But can't be long away now, as one operator variant is now in rollout - wonder how long it's gonna take until they release the Country variant).

Hmm I just got an update for the Developer Preview - maybe everything is gonna be fine afterall? Let's hope for a trouble free day tomorrow
    08-19-2014 04:42 PM
    That's interesting and sounds like a good thing to do, although the would mean that we're gonna lose live folder + other Update 1 features. Or would you enroll into the Developer Preview again?

BTW: Was your 920 ever 100% stable?
    Yes my 920 was rock solid, never had any issues with it
    08-19-2014 05:27 PM
    So, my Lumia rebooted itself yesterday while I was driving home from work - just after I added two albums to the playlist in Xbox Music…

Seems it's still not 100% stable, but the last update has improved the situation a bit. Oh well, at least it did restart itself instead of simply stop reacting…
    08-26-2014 02:18 AM
    And I thought it was just me. My Lumia 920 is acting sporadically odd, after the preview for devs 8.1 updates also. My phone will become unresponsive to button presses. Other times it works but, the screen freezes. I know this because I'll try to force a soft reset and later see a bunch of screenshots in my photos from where I held buttons and couldn't see that my phone was doing it.
    Is this because we have 920s? Or because we don't have cyan?
    Also, when using wired headphones, only left channel audio plays. Bluetooth works fine though.
    08-27-2014 09:57 AM
    So after another two random reboots the phone just locked up again.

BTW (Nokia Cyan rollout):
    Lumia 520 - 820 literally every variant: available
    Lumia 820|Orange|Under testing
    Lumia 920|Country variant|Under testing
    Lumia 920| A1|Under testing
    Lumia 920|T-Mobile|Available (for more than a week!)
    Lumia 925 - 1520 literally every variant: available

WTF Nokia/MS?!
    08-28-2014 10:58 AM
    so, my phone turned off, turned on and stopped on NOKIA LOGO and its going nowhere...what to do? any help? thx in advance
    08-28-2014 05:15 PM
    I'd try a "soft reset" - press volume down and the unlock button until the phone vibrates, that should be equivalent ot the traditional reset in a PC…
    08-28-2014 05:21 PM