Windows 8.1 update killed my lumia 920!!

JamesPTao

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
I never had Kid's corner on. How would turning it on help me?
It is on by default but the live lock screen app turns it off. I don't know why it would make a difference but after I turned it back on the bugs went away as just uninstalling the beta app didn't solve my problems. Don't know why it worked but it did for me.

Zulfigar

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
I never had Kid's corner on. How would turning it on help me?

For some reason, there's a little bit of code left over when uninstalling Live Lock Screen BETA, and what activating Kids Corner does is it deactivates any app that takes over the lock screen.

So pretty much, when you activate Kids Corner, a notification will pop up to deactivate the current lock screen app, once you accept, turn the screen off then back on and then deactivate Kids Corner (or rename it to Games Corner and have all your games there).

Hope this helps. ;)

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
So I am turning kid's corner back on. Right before I finish the steps, it asks if I want to turn Live Lock Screen app off...Let's see if it fixes things. Live Lock Screen is definitely far from being a problem free app.

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Sorry for the rapid posts. It seems that did the trick. I just turned Kid's Corner on and then back off. No more delayed lock screen.

tatotiburon

Apr 18, 2013
Visit site
One last suggestion -

1.Press and hold the Volume down button and Power buttons at the same time until you feel a vibration (about 10-15 seconds).

2.When you feel the vibration, immediately press and hold the Volume down button until you see a large exclamation mark.

3.Once the exclamation mark appears, press the following four buttons in this order: Volume up button, Volume down button, Power button, Volume down button. Your phone should now reset and restart itself. (It might take a while for the reset to finish.)

Thanks, this is the same reset from settings>info>restore?

Zulfigar

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
Thanks, this is the same reset from settings>info>restore?

Lets think of the resets in layers. Top layer is a soft reset, it just restarts the phone. Second layer is a hard reset, it removes all personal information. The third layer is this one, it factory resets your phone completely, probably why it isn't mentioned that often here, usually a hard reset fixes most issues.

Santiago_Canepa

Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
I'd try a soft (volume down + power button) then hard reset (settings - about). It does seem like you're not the only one, which... Well, sucks.
I have the same problem, but since the second devpreview update i think after 8.1. I just turn back to 8.0 thinking that the problem will be fixed but nothing, anyone solved this?

tatotiburon

Apr 18, 2013
Visit site
Lets think of the resets in layers. Top layer is a soft reset, it just restarts the phone. Second layer is a hard reset, it removes all personal information. The third layer is this one, it factory resets your phone completely, probably why it isn't mentioned that often here, usually a hard reset fixes most issues.

Well that didn't work either, is there a fourth layer reset? xD

My phone is hopeless

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb