Lumia 920 with wrong country ROM !

b0blight

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
Hi all !

I have a Lumia 920 Singapore country variant (it used to be a telco variant. But I had to have the motherboard replaced, so it became a country variant.), and I have developers preview installed into it. So I saw the news today that the Cyan update for the 920 has been released, and my Country variant is on the release list. So I went the way of downgrading back to WP8 using the Nokia Software recovery tool. I don't know if anyone here has experienced this before, but the software recovery tool flashed the wrong country ROM into the phone. I now see my 920 as a Great Britain Country Variant ( I am living in Singapore , which is like, halfway across the world from the UK. So I would like to ask if there's anyone out there with similar experience out there and could share it here, and maybe also tips on how to solve this.

P.S I am currently researching on how to flash ROMs into Windows Phone.

[UPDATE] I have found out how to flash the correct country ROM into my 920 already ! Thanks everyone for help. Especially those over at XDA.

Last edited:

Rei Zanaliu

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
well since you changed the board it must have a new product code which seems to correspond to a uk cv rom. when you use nokia software recovery tool it downloads the rom based on the product code of your device. if you want to install a rom from singapore you can do it with nokia care suite. with it you can install roms that are bounded to other product codes. but i would advise to stick with the uk rom since they tend to release updates for uk roms relatively sooner than other regions. just switch your regional settings to singpore or whatever you like and keep the uk rom. i am personally using a uk rom for my Luma 925 although i live in albania. hope this helped you a bit :)

b0blight

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
...but i would advise to stick with the uk rom since they tend to release updates for uk roms relatively sooner than other regions. just switch your regional settings to singpore or whatever you like and keep the uk rom. i am personally using a uk rom for my Luma 925 although i live in albania. hope this helped you a bit :)

Haha ! I didn't know the UK released ROMs faster than the rest. But hey, part of me don't feel right (don't ask why, I myself also don't know. OCD perhaps. Hahahaha). Anyway I have found the ROM and am flashing it now !

Rei Zanaliu

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
Haha ! I didn't know the UK released ROMs faster than the rest. But hey, part of me don't feel right (don't ask why, I myself also don't know. OCD perhaps. Hahahaha). Anyway I have found the ROM and am flashing it now !

yeah i actually got lumia cyan long time ago, while others are still to get it. but it also depends from the device you have. also 1520 owners with UK roms got cyan before some other countries.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos