Does anyone feel that ATT 920 users have been left out to dry?

EMINENT 1

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
This is pretty pitiful support for this phone. Almost all other models that came after 920 has received official 8.1 from ATT while 920 users are sitting here with broken phones. Absolutely pathetic.

EMINENT 1

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
Shouldn't it make more sense to support the oldest phone out first? The ones that jumped aboard the ship first to support the platform.

EMINENT 1

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
It may seem awful but the network supports many Cyan 8.1 updates so far,just this particular model ain't receive it yet

May seem? My Bluetooth has stuttered in my car since Lumia Black months ago. I've had to deal with turning on/of BT every damn time I get in my car. Every. Single. Day. For months now.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Shouldn't it make more sense to support the oldest phone out first? The ones that jumped aboard the ship first to support the platform.

This is a for-profit business, not a charity based on goodwill. The early phones will be replaced sooner. In fact, the first contracts with AT&T 920s will be ending soon, which means that the phones will be replaced.

dcbakkk

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
This is a for-profit business, not a charity based on goodwill. The early phones will be replaced sooner. In fact, the first contracts with AT&T 920s will be ending soon, which means that the phones will be replaced.

Eh, very pathetic.

jeffchapik

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
I suspect it is a business ploy in hopes that we will get frustrated enough to buy a new phone if they delay long enough.
Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Tapatalk

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
I wouldn't say broken... My 920 runs fine with the 8.1.1 Windows Phone. Sure I'd like Cyan but it's not the end of the world...

Also looking forward to the 830 as that looks interesting as an upgrade.

Mpm277

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site

Agree with this. I just wonder how many people will say "screw you then" and jump ship?

aikidaves

May 21, 2014
Visit site
It would be nice if AT&T had the resources to release Cyan for all their Lumias on day one. They don't. Someone has to be last, just as someone had to be first. We with 920s may be at the end of the line for AT&T, but I think we'll still be ahead of many folks on other carriers.

M L

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
I suspect it is a business ploy in hopes that we will get frustrated enough to buy a new phone if they delay long enough.
Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Tapatalk

Agree with this. I just wonder how many people will say "screw you then" and jump ship?

Absolutely, I know I'm certainly not gonna just go buy a new phone cause I'm tired of waiting for an update, thereby giving them a big profit -BTW I didn't buy mine from att, I bought off contract and use a prepaid service, it's still att branded so I gotta wait for them. Really starting to consider the pros and cons of WP more and more. The fact that the carrier isn't an issue if I decide to go with an iPhone or Samsung gs5, it's the same one no matter your carrier of choice is a huge selling point. Seriously, doesn't anyone get that? Yeah go ahead settling for your developer previews and telling yourselves it's good enough, I'm just coming up with more reasons to say "screw you then" and jump ship.

fiveaces01

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
Replaced with what? Att offers no Icon..only other phone is the 1520 and it's been out a long time already..Flash to a different RM..I have been running Cyan here in the u.s. On Att for weeks

uselessrobot

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Replaced with what? Att offers no Icon..only other phone is the 1520 and it's been out a long time already..

AT&T would be quite happy to get you into an iPhone 5S or Galaxy S5. They're not necessarily expecting a lateral move. Sometimes it seems like they, along with other carriers, would be quite happy to see Windows Phone dead because it would be one less platform to support.

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Replaced with what? Att offers no Icon..only other phone is the 1520 and it's been out a long time already..Flash to a different RM..I have been running Cyan here in the u.s. On Att for weeks

The HTC is coming to at&t. Wait a week and you'll see other new phones too. Just ready for those 920 contracts expiring...

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
They are just slow like that. I whined about the Black update for the 920 and eventually we got it. Seems it took forever though.

pedmar007

Jun 17, 2014
Visit site
Whomever the shoe fits wear it!! All this talk about out of contract talk is the reasoning behind why the L920 has been late to the party to receive the CYAN update is utter CRAP. Why do Americans always believe they have the answers for EVERYONE?? The L920 yes is a 2yr old device but with hardware that still puts it on par with any more modern device. So please let the big Execs tell me why should a device that they say is going to be traded up for a newer device still have owners wanting to experience the CYAN update on their phone??? Not rocket science or brain surgery but if a L920 user gets the update and experiences an vastly improved experience wouldn't that encourage them to WANT/CAN'T WAIT for the opp to trade up for a new model given how the update worked on their "OLD" device. Come on people stop thinking for others, though some do need your help but the others who actually have a working conscience and brain can do for themselves and WE want to see for ourselves that if this CYAN update/grade can make our L920 work even better how would it work on faster processors, better screen tech, bigger batteries, etc. Stop d....g around and just release the update. Now f....g tell me what is it exactly that you AT&T would be losing if you had released the update sooner??? Wouldn't your L920 owners be already in the stores looking for their new devices to upgrade to???????????????????

aikidaves

May 21, 2014
Visit site
As an IT professional for over 3 decades, it's always amazed me how quickly people jump to accusations of incompetence or Machiavellian conspiracies when the truly likely causes for any delay of this sort almost always revolve around limited resources. It seems that many people believe that corporations have infinite resources to put behind every project and issue. It ain't true, folks!

Possible causes for why the 920 hasn't been updated yet:
- The testing group had it scheduled toward the end, since the 'group' probably isn't very big, and may have other projects running besides Cyan/Win 8.1. They had to set up some kind of testing order when they started, and probably chose something based on newest to oldest, as we've observed. It may just be that they haven't had time to finish yet. Go easy on them, they're human, too.
- It's also possible that they've gotten smarter as they've progressed, maybe due to customer service calls on the phones released already, and have found issues that they've had to send back to Microsoft for resolution.
- Or perhaps they're just getting too many support calls on the upgrades already released (we know it's not perfect, look at the posts on WPCentral), and support has requested a delay until they get caught up. We all know AT&T support doesn't have infinite resources, at least those of us who have called it in the past.

I know, me saying 'calm down' isn't going to untwist anyone's knickers, but at least try adjusting them so you're more comfortable while you wait.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)