What are you doing ATT, why don't you rollout WP8.1 for Lumia 920/820?

dcbakkk

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
What were you AT&T waiting for? Rogers has been rolled out for Lumia 920.:angry:

Last edited by a moderator:

z33dev33l

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
Firstly, calm down. Secondly, Rogers=/=ATT and even so, the rollout is very recent. I'm sure they won't be too far behind now please leave the profanity elsewhere.

dcbakkk

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Firstly, calm down. Secondly, Rogers=/=ATT and even so, the rollout is very recent. I'm sure they won't be too far behind now please leave the profanity elsewhere.

Sorry, I'm waiting the rollout so long. I find myself overwhelmed with dysphoria, please forgiven me my vulgarity.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
taking your money of course, they're not a charity and they're not concerned with rolling out updates for "old" devices so its probably a lower priority.

but oh no, someone's angry! better plow it through right now!

anon(5348756)

Sep 28, 2012
Visit site
Honestly I'm not super bothered by having to wait more to get cyan (I'm on DP). However, the fact that they've updated the 520 and 620 before one of their older flagships is kind of insulting.

b23h

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
I was expecting it for the 920 last Thursday, with luck we will get it this Thursday. It should be pretty soon now...

Nerdy Woman

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
Checking the North American availability list, Verizon isn't moving any faster on releasing Cyan for the models they carry. We have three 920s in our house and I'm guessing that AT&T's rationale is that they should all be near EOC and will be replaced. Not so. The first 920 in the house won't be eligible until April 2015. The last 920 was purchased 2 months ago. Moreover, I don't replace a phone just because I'm no longer obligated to keep it.

Interestingly, even the CV 920 (unlocked) is still "under testing." I suspect that, as the first "high end" WP 8 phone, there are still a lot of 920s out there and initially, AT&T was the only carrier to have WP. While the market share may be small, one would think they'd care more about keeping these customers.

BTW, according to Motley Fool, US market share for WP is 2.5%, but iPhone only garners 11.x% (don't remember the exact fraction), while Android enjoys 84+%. Makes me wonder why iPhones get apps first...

dcbakkk

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Checking the North American availability list, Verizon isn't moving any faster on releasing Cyan for the models they carry. We have three 920s in our house and I'm guessing that AT&T's rationale is that they should all be near EOC and will be replaced. Not so. The first 920 in the house won't be eligible until April 2015. The last 920 was purchased 2 months ago. Moreover, I don't replace a phone just because I'm no longer obligated to keep it.

Interestingly, even the CV 920 (unlocked) is still "under testing." I suspect that, as the first "high end" WP 8 phone, there are still a lot of 920s out there and initially, AT&T was the only carrier to have WP. While the market share may be small, one would think they'd care more about keeping these customers.

BTW, according to Motley Fool, US market share for WP is 2.5%, but iPhone only garners 11.x% (don't remember the exact fraction), while Android enjoys 84+%. Makes me wonder why iPhones get apps first...

No one knows what AT&T‘s doing for Lumia 920 Now, so do we wait only? I can't repress anger still with ’under testing‘ when I check AT&T's consumer blog or Nokia Software Update status every time! AT&T said that they would be first to bring WP8.1 update for us, it's obviously cheating, isn't it?, but T-Mobile&Verizon are real more ridiculous.

fpostrow

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
and don't forget the 925 also got Cyan/8.1 just a few weeks back. I'm hoping that at least points to a roll out for the 920 fairly soon. Count our 4 920's among those waiting for Cyan. Let's go ATT, show us some love this week.

fiveaces01

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
we will get the wp 9.0 released about the same time that this cluster of an operating system gets all the way up to date. The problem is you people actually keep believing what you see MS and AT&t promising you when you buy their products. Caveat Emptor anyone? I do appreciate the opportunity to run the Dev Preview ...but really the time from when that started to now is CRAZY long. I will always take matters into my own hands whenever given the opportunity. I flashed to Lumia long before it ever came out thru ATT...Black wasn't quite as bad, but I flashed there also. Have been running Cyan over 8.1.1 for weeks now after flashing Vodaphone Italy RM. If you don't like what they are doing with update progress do something about it!!!!!!!!!!

DER1996

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
More income , iPhone even with 11 % market share provides 6 times the income from Android apps ( around 1.2 million usd , WP around 0.90)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss