Shop HP’s Memorial Day Sale:Save up to 61% on PCs and more!
08-27-2014 07:47 AM
30 12
tools
    What were you AT&T waiting for? Rogers has been rolled out for Lumia 920.
    Last edited by Guytronic; 08-23-2014 at 09:13 PM.
    08-23-2014 02:57 AM
    Firstly, calm down. Secondly, Rogers=/=ATT and even so, the rollout is very recent. I'm sure they won't be too far behind now please leave the profanity elsewhere.
    xandros9 likes this.
    08-23-2014 03:10 AM
    And thirdly... If you want it that quickly then you should have used development preview months ago
    08-23-2014 03:39 AM
    Firstly, calm down. Secondly, Rogers=/=ATT and even so, the rollout is very recent. I'm sure they won't be too far behind now please leave the profanity elsewhere.
    Sorry, I'm waiting the rollout so long. I find myself overwhelmed with dysphoria, please forgiven me my vulgarity.
    08-23-2014 03:44 AM
    And thirdly... If you want it that quickly then you should have used development preview months ago
    It's still beta version, for keeping the stability, I don't wanna upgrade to DP.
    08-23-2014 03:49 AM
    It's still beta version, for keeping the stability, I don't wanna upgrade to DP.
    You're not missing anything but lag with the DP. Without the firmware, update Black is still crap.
    08-23-2014 09:36 AM
    if he is trying to update to Cyan your comment is moot.
    xandros9 and Xabier Granja like this.
    08-23-2014 10:06 AM
    You're not missing anything but lag with the DP. Without the firmware, update Black is still crap.
    Eh......
    08-23-2014 10:08 AM
    taking your money of course, they're not a charity and they're not concerned with rolling out updates for "old" devices so its probably a lower priority.

but oh no, someone's angry! better plow it through right now!
    Laura Knotek and tgp like this.
    08-23-2014 08:28 PM
    Honestly I'm not super bothered by having to wait more to get cyan (I'm on DP). However, the fact that they've updated the 520 and 620 before one of their older flagships is kind of insulting.
    Derausgewanderte and dcbakkk like this.
    08-24-2014 08:47 AM
    I was expecting it for the 920 last Thursday, with luck we will get it this Thursday. It should be pretty soon now...
    08-24-2014 08:57 AM
    Checking the North American availability list, Verizon isn't moving any faster on releasing Cyan for the models they carry. We have three 920s in our house and I'm guessing that AT&T's rationale is that they should all be near EOC and will be replaced. Not so. The first 920 in the house won't be eligible until April 2015. The last 920 was purchased 2 months ago. Moreover, I don't replace a phone just because I'm no longer obligated to keep it.

Interestingly, even the CV 920 (unlocked) is still "under testing." I suspect that, as the first "high end" WP 8 phone, there are still a lot of 920s out there and initially, AT&T was the only carrier to have WP. While the market share may be small, one would think they'd care more about keeping these customers.

BTW, according to Motley Fool, US market share for WP is 2.5%, but iPhone only garners 11.x% (don't remember the exact fraction), while Android enjoys 84+%. Makes me wonder why iPhones get apps first...
    08-24-2014 11:17 PM
    Checking the North American availability list, ...
    Where is such a list?
    08-24-2014 11:25 PM
    Where is such a list?
    It's been posted several times in WPC articles...

Availability in North America - Nokia
    08-25-2014 01:39 AM
    Where is such a list?
    maybe referring to this list
    Lumia Cyan is going out to many Lumia 920s worldwide, here is the full list | Windows Phone Central

and the links within that post
    KEB64 likes this.
    08-25-2014 01:40 AM
    Thank you.
    08-25-2014 02:34 AM
    Checking the North American availability list, Verizon isn't moving any faster on releasing Cyan for the models they carry. We have three 920s in our house and I'm guessing that AT&T's rationale is that they should all be near EOC and will be replaced. Not so. The first 920 in the house won't be eligible until April 2015. The last 920 was purchased 2 months ago. Moreover, I don't replace a phone just because I'm no longer obligated to keep it.

Interestingly, even the CV 920 (unlocked) is still "under testing." I suspect that, as the first "high end" WP 8 phone, there are still a lot of 920s out there and initially, AT&T was the only carrier to have WP. While the market share may be small, one would think they'd care more about keeping these customers.

BTW, according to Motley Fool, US market share for WP is 2.5%, but iPhone only garners 11.x% (don't remember the exact fraction), while Android enjoys 84+%. Makes me wonder why iPhones get apps first...
    No one knows what AT&T‘s doing for Lumia 920 Now, so do we wait only? I can't repress anger still with ’under testing‘ when I check AT&T's consumer blog or Nokia Software Update status every time! AT&T said that they would be first to bring WP8.1 update for us, it's obviously cheating, isn't it?, but T-Mobile&Verizon are real more ridiculous.
    08-25-2014 10:04 AM
    and don't forget the 925 also got Cyan/8.1 just a few weeks back. I'm hoping that at least points to a roll out for the 920 fairly soon. Count our 4 920's among those waiting for Cyan. Let's go ATT, show us some love this week.
    08-25-2014 10:20 AM
    we will get the wp 9.0 released about the same time that this cluster of an operating system gets all the way up to date. The problem is you people actually keep believing what you see MS and AT&t promising you when you buy their products. Caveat Emptor anyone? I do appreciate the opportunity to run the Dev Preview ...but really the time from when that started to now is CRAZY long. I will always take matters into my own hands whenever given the opportunity. I flashed to Lumia long before it ever came out thru ATT...Black wasn't quite as bad, but I flashed there also. Have been running Cyan over 8.1.1 for weeks now after flashing Vodaphone Italy RM. If you don't like what they are doing with update progress do something about it!!!!!!!!!!
    08-25-2014 10:22 AM
    More income , iPhone even with 11 % market share provides 6 times the income from Android apps ( around 1.2 million usd , WP around 0.90)
    08-25-2014 10:24 AM
    No one knows what AT&T‘s doing for Lumia 920 Now, so do we wait only? I can't repress anger still with ’under testing‘ when I check AT&T's consumer blog or Nokia Software Update status every time! AT&T said that they would be first to bring WP8.1 update for us, it's obviously cheating, isn't it?, but T-Mobile&Verizon are real more ridiculous.
    Its a phone update, take a deep breath and maybe you want to do something else. Even I have hobbies outside WPC.

Also, if its that bad, don't get a phone thats subsidized. Get the unlocked int'l one and for the price of a few hundred more up-front and maybe something like LTE, you get the piece of mind that no carrier can muck up your updates (maybe even the option to go to a cheaper carrier/MVNO or plan. Is your anger worth that much?

Or you could flash a different ROM, the benefits of a phone that isn't tied to AT&T at the cost of potentially losing LTE in this case.
    Although if you go to the ROGERS one it should be ok?
    Derausgewanderte likes this.
    08-25-2014 10:24 AM
    Creating demand for the new Models , I mean for most non - geeks , they don't even know if the update is coming to their phones and with new models already having it , they assume they should but the new models to get the latest and greatest , and in most cases that's what they do .
    08-25-2014 10:26 AM
    Its a phone update, take a deep breath and maybe you want to do something else. Even I have hobbies outside WPC.

Also, if its that bad, don't get a phone thats subsidized. Get the unlocked int'l one and for the price of a few hundred more up-front and maybe something like LTE, you get the piece of mind that no carrier can muck up your updates (maybe even the option to go to a cheaper carrier/MVNO or plan. Is your anger worth that much?

Or you could flash a different ROM, the benefits of a phone that isn't tied to AT&T at the cost of potentially losing LTE in this case.
    Although if you go to the ROGERS one it should be ok?
    Thanks, you say that makes me feel a little better! As a WP&Windows super fan, I'm disappointed in MSFT, Carrier is also deceiver.
    08-25-2014 10:49 AM
    Apparently some people are have trouble with any app that uses the camera after the update on other carriers. Frankly if they (Microsoft, ATT, Nokia, whoever) pointed this out to us, gave us an ETA, and made it clear that they were working on it, I could stand waiting a little while longer.
    08-25-2014 03:17 PM
    An article on Lifehacker's website dishes the dirt on Android updates. Some Samsung models didn't get kitkat until 2-3 months after release and the LG G2 was updated almost 5 months after release.

http://lifehacker.com/the-best-and-w...pda-1626528036

I'm just sharing this for those who think this problem is unique to WP.
    08-25-2014 05:10 PM
30 12