Lumia 920 and Cyan - stutter while swiping in system and 1st party apps.

Mario92

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
Hello folks!

I downgraded my L920 (Adriatic CV) via NSRT from WP8.1U1 Black to WP8.1 Cyan and then I updated it to WP8.1 Update 1 Cyan.

After update my phone is stuttering. I reflashed software directly to Cyan and to Update 1 and I hard reset it every time just to be sure everything is fine but after restore it lags whenever I drag my finger to scroll. Kinetic scroll is working as smooth as it should. What is happening?

Same thing is happening with system navigation, every scroll, swipe, slide is jaggy and has delay after finger. I tried soft reset leaving my phone do background work and I limited apps that run in background via Battery Saver.

However, when using 3rd party apps like 6tag, grin, Baconit etc. swiping/scrolling is smooth like it used to be so issue is specific to system.

Just to say in advance - no, Cortana is not pinned to Start, phone is not overheating, I rebooted it and deleted every app I don't need. Battery is good, camera is working smoothly. Phone is set exactly the same as it was with WP8.1U1 + Black.

TL;DR - L920 with Cyan stutters when sliding (but kinetic scroll is fine) in system and 1st party apps. 3rd party apps are as smooth as usual.

Any idea what to do? I reflashed my phone THREE times yesterday so I am sure another one won't help.

Mario92

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
Did you give it some time? Maybe it could be some behind-the-scenes work? (that is weird though)

Yes I did and cause was rather idiotic.

I don't know how but I had "Screen Magnifier" enabled in settings. I didnt' even touch that so I think something went wront in restoring backup so it thought I had that enabled in former OS.

Now it's working as it should.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa