I am finally upgrading to Cyan on a L920 and a L820

GerOrBa

Nov 14, 2013
Visit site
Cyan Firmware was finally deployed for my carrier/country, so I am gonna spend some time this afternoon updating my trusty L920 and the wife's L820 (I really like both handsets)... This means I have some backups to perform and also delete some unnecessary data (songs, photos and videos)...

What would you recommend I do to ensure a smooth upgrade, I mean, I am not really nervous about the "gears screen of death" or anything, I received both devices with portico and upgraded to Black and Amber without issues, but still, any preparation tips will be appreciated.

And after the update.. What is the best app for getting a really cool background pattern?

looking forward to finally being up to date (well, GDR1 is out already so I guess not that "up to date"!)
THANKS!

peachy001

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I keep reading the original post.... Not found any reason for the 2nd post. Anyway, for me, I take all my photos and videos off the phone, plus any docs I need. Use the backup feature in settings, then hit the update. Oh and have a full battery.

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Ignore the second post from the user having a bad year.

It sounds like you are a pro at upgrades! A backup and copying critical data like photos is important. There's nothing special... If you wipe then game saves will be lost, if using OTA then everything else just works.

Enjoy! And have a nice day!

GerOrBa

Nov 14, 2013
Visit site
The two devices have Cyan Firmware and WP8.1 now. I do feel that I arrived late to the party, but I mostly like the differences, but it will certainly take some time to getting use to it. WP8.1 on the L920 certainly reveals what a great device it is since it feels like new while familiar at the same time.
Thank you all for the advice.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss