Phone won't charge/turn on after shell swap

uzeroni

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
There was a hairline crack on my old yellow housing and I decide to change it with a new yellow one. I swear i did everything right and put it back the way it was before I took it apart due to the fact the housing i ordered was of poor quality but it won't turn on or charge via the USB port. Thing is, i sort of bent the TDK wireless charging module while taking it out and sort of tugged at the USB flex cable at the bottom a bit too much. Where do you guys think the problem is, and can I somehow make the phone turn on again (even if it means sacrificing the wireless charging?)

RichardBurt

Banned
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Damn. Oh well.

Is there any way i could some how heat gun it back to life?

If you are very confident with a soldering iron then yes you may be able to do it. Remember though that the discreet components are heat sensitive and you run the risk of damaging them while resoldering the cable.

Use the finest tip possible and if you have a soldering iron with thermostat control then use the lowest temperature possible.

Good luck.

uzeroni

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
If you are very confident with a soldering iron then yes you may be able to do it. Remember though that the discreet components are heat sensitive and you run the risk of damaging them while resoldering the cable.

Use the finest tip possible and if you have a soldering iron with thermostat control then use the lowest temperature possible.

Good luck.

I seriously think getting a new one is better. I have hand tremors, that's one thing that could screw other stuff up too. Thanks for the suggestions, though.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo