Yahoo Mail account won't stop syncing

Status
Not open for further replies.

gman1868

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
Just got done installing the latest updates on my 920. Everything seemed OK until I tried to sync Yahoo Mail. Now it's stuck in eternal sync mode.

Even if I turn the phone off and back on the account never times out attempting to sync. In the mean time the phone is sucking the battery dry while getting hotter by the moment.

It's preventing me from opening the sync settings on my Live and work email account as well. They are all stuck in Sync mode.

My Yahoo mail account is set to sync only the past 7 days.

So much for a successful update. :angry:

aikidaves

May 21, 2014
Visit site
I assume you already tried a soft reset? If that doesn't fix it, sounds like hard reset time. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Rick_Air

May 7, 2013
Visit site
I've had this a couple of times, generally switching off and on had fixed it. It was with yahoo too.
Have you tried deleting the account and putting the mail settings in manually rather than the username and password way.

gman1868

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
I got it to stop by going into airplane mode, then waiting a while, then un-installing my Yahoo Mail account.

Then next day I re-installed it then it started behaving normally.

The other problem, and probably the source issue was my Microsoft account. I had to also re-configure that and then the phone quit having massive battery drainage.

​Thank you all for your help!

rustaman

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for posting this. You can't delete an email account while it is syncing, So I did the same thing you suggested, but it seemed like it was still syncing in Airplane Mode. So powered off the phone and let it sit for a few hours on the charger. Powered back up into airplane mode and then was able to delete Yahoo email. I will reinstall it tomorrow. But we are good to go now without it tonight. Love it when these solutions work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs