The ATT 8.1 update is now rolling out. What to expect? I have the 920. Am I going to lose my contacts, txt, emails, music, programs? I don't want to jump on the update with out knowing what's going to happen. Or what I need to do such as backing up everything. I don't need a meltdown!
    09-05-2014 01:09 AM
    You may get a blue screen with an error on it as several have. It's scary, but if you soft reboot, vol down/power, the gears start turning and the install continues. I love 8.1 and didn't lose any data. Have a strong battery or be plugged in, both the Cyan and 8.1 updates take quite a while to run.
    09-05-2014 04:20 PM
    Thank you.
    09-05-2014 07:10 PM
    I updated everything yesterday, and I didn't lose anything. The update did take a really long time, however.
    09-05-2014 07:17 PM
    Done mine tonight. Everything went GREAT! My wife saw mine and is updating her's now.

Thank you
    09-05-2014 10:56 PM
    Can someone please fill me in on the difference between MS and Nokia updates? Meaning, I just downgraded from DP, then updated to cyan. my 920 seems a lot peppier...but I lost live folders and Cortana.
    I _thought_ cyan was the latest and greatest...but, uhhh...no?
    Any good, easy explanations?
    Is there a way to have Cyan with Cortana and live folders?
    T
    09-06-2014 12:12 AM
    Can someone please fill me in on the difference between MS and Nokia updates? Meaning, I just downgraded from DP, then updated to cyan. my 920 seems a lot peppier...but I lost live folders and Cortana.
    I _thought_ cyan was the latest and greatest...but, uhhh...no?
    Any good, easy explanations?
    Is there a way to have Cyan with Cortana and live folders?
    T
    I updated to Developer Preview 8.1 Update 1 after installing Cyan. (I did the same as you--downgrade with Nokia Software Recovery Tool, then upgrade to Cyan). After that I did the Dev Preview Update again because I wanted Live Folders.

The Dev Preview Update 1 hasn't had any adverse affect. With Cyan plus Dev Preview Update 1, I'm getting much better battery life than without Cyan.
    09-06-2014 12:18 AM
    I did the same...and like it all as it feels faster and smoother in scrolling.
    I lost my home screen though, and have had to recreate it. During the process I got a message that there was an error in restoring my settings, which stinks for accounts and library cards, etc...but having to redo my perfect screen stinks the most.

Is there a chart anywhere that shows the feature sets of Cyan versus DP? As much as I hate iPhones, an upgrade is an upgrade on them...this whole process has really thrown me for a loop...I going to wait a while before I upgrade my daughter's phone.
    T
    09-06-2014 11:47 AM