I think I just damaged my 920's battery

Chris Wayne2

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
The last 2 weeks I've been playing the game Hungry Shark Evo like a maniac and I finished it since last sunday but during this emm, marathon I used to charge the phone about 3 times a day, which seem very reasonable since I used mostly for intense gaming (on a poorly optimized game) but now the phone is unable to survive the night on idle, for example, the 920 was on 100% yesterday at 12am and when I woke up at 9am the phone was dead and even quiet hours were enabled.

What do you think?, battery dying?, should I get a new Lumia? :cry:

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
If this happens on several times then yes, you might have and also have you tried a soft a reset?
I had this happen to me once, did a soft reset and out of the blue I had 60% charge from 19% however on the flipside if I restarted my phone on full charge or had a decent amount of charge. I would get the flashing battery icon and only a cold boot would wake it up after several attempts, I haven't noticed anything odd like that yet as it has only been a few days since flashing Cyan & updating to Update 1 via PFD.

aikidaves

May 21, 2014
Visit site
More likely to be that there's some process hanging in your phone, perhaps from the game. As TechFreak1 said, start with a soft reset or three. Check usage in Battery Saver to see if there's a runaway app. Check the many battery threads on the forum for other ideas. Be prepared to do a hard reset if nothing else works - good backups, etc.

Good luck!

Chris Wayne2

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
Thanks man, it looks like that it was because I left the Bluetooth and NFC on since last week, now my battery has come back to how it was (which is still pretty mediocre). I guess it is time to invest in my fourth WindowsPhone.... Although the new android flagships look great 😅

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Maybe time to invest one with a removable back cover as it would be cheaper to just replace the battery without having the hassle of using a soldering iron / opening up the phone completely :winktongue: .

My 920's battery is starting to show signs of old age either that or update 1 is sucking the life out of it like a mutated golbat :grincry:.

Chris Wayne2

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
Maybe time to invest one with a removable back cover as it would be cheaper to just replace the battery without having the hassle of using a soldering iron / opening up the phone completely :winktongue: .

My 920's battery is starting to show signs of old age either that or update 1 is sucking the life out of it like a mutated golbat :grincry:.

Just received Cyan last week, so far so good, my battery life improved, mainly on idle, I'm thinking in getting the 930, 1520 or 830 by the end of the year.

Titaniumgiant

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
Play your game then soft reset before nite nite. There's something lurking in the background from that game gobbing up your battery. I am experiencing the same with the new Asphalt Drive

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Just received Cyan last week, so far so good, my battery life improved, mainly on idle, I'm thinking in getting the 930, 1520 or 830 by the end of the year.

Good to hear, my battery life has some what stabilised but nowhere near as what it was on 8.0.

In regards to your options I would say try them out in the stores and have a feel of the phones as the design of the 830 / 930 feel completely different. You will be surprised what a difference the curved back feels like, If size is not an issue & you don't take many off the cuff pictures get the 1520 as you should be able to pick up one relatively cheap now. It is going to get even better with the Lumia Denim update, however if size is a factor and you need to have a mSD card slot, can live without the latest & greatest features get the 830. Otherwise the 930 would be the perfect choice (if you can live without glance).

At one point I was considering the 1520 myself and I used it for a brief period and the screen is just mind blowing however what killed it for me was that one handed camera operation was a no go - I'm no basket ball player lol. The amount in-the-moment videos I took with my 920 are just incalculable and most are of my nephews & nieces doing the most hilarious things, some are priceless like their first steps.

JamesPTao

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
If you want to protect your battery just make sure you don't drain it dead and if you do immediately charge it. Leaving a lithium battery dead for a length of time repeatedly is the quickest way to kill it.

Chris Wayne2

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
If you want to protect your battery just make sure you don't drain it dead and if you do immediately charge it. Leaving a lithium battery dead for a length of time repeatedly is the quickest way to kill it.

Really?, wow thanks, didn't know that, do these batteries still have the memory effect?

JamesPTao

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
No, not at all. Ideally they have the best life when used down to 30% then charged full. My wife killed a new Fujitsu battery in three months so bad the os actually registered an issue with it. The nice thing with a 920 is with qi you don't have to worry about trickle charging issue as she it charges full it stops. There is no direct flow pressure of energy to the battery.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077