09-23-2014 10:52 AM
67 123
tools
    Either is fine for me, just nothing that's 6".

I also want Glance and Qi charging.
    Yeah I wasn't sure if 6" would bother me but it's not too big of a problem. And with Glance/Qi I can say it's worth it.

Seems like the ideal is 4.7-5", Glance, Qi, probably MicroSD. It would be weird for it to be smaller than the 830 though.
    09-16-2014 08:13 PM
    I'm in love with 930, but it costs too much at the moment and I have other priorities. A part for that, I really don't feel the urge to change my 920: since I bought it (coming from a Google Nexus) I'm really satisfied.
    Yes, there still are things to improve on the WP environment, but I got used to it: I really think it's great to finally have a phone that doesn't become slow/laggy as hell after a few months. :D
    09-17-2014 05:21 AM
    Definitely not. I have been using it for about 1.5 year, and still do not see any good replacement [that is worth the money I could spend]. I like the smartphone size (that is optimal for my pockets) and the excellent IPS screen (though it's not an OLED). The hardware and screen resolution are very balanced, which is good for the battery. WP8/8.1 and all apps I need in my everyday life are executed without any problems. Add to all this the built-in wireless charging :)
    09-17-2014 05:21 AM
    Question for you guys and gals. Would you get rid of your Nokia Lumia 920 for a new Lumia that is already out?
    No, I am really happy how my 920 performs with 8.1 GDR 1 inside :)
    09-17-2014 05:43 AM
    Maybe I should clarify my point about what I said.

I'd love to get rid of my L920 as it's been a bit of a pain in the behind but there's nothing to move to on any platform. I'm not impressed with any of the hardware that's out currently.

So I wait.
    09-17-2014 05:47 AM
    I'm not gonna change anything till Christmas when my contract is up and I can justify a little expense.

The thing is, I fear that because there are no new leaks yet, there will be no new phones by then. That is if the past two years are any indicator.... It seems like there are leaks/pics/specs that are always correct about 6 months before release. Then its announced 2-3 months before release.... Why cant anyone keep a secret so the hype is fresh when the phone is available?
    Maybe somebody started keeping secrets and that's why we haven't heard anything yet!!! Ahh 😉. The hype will be fresh.
    09-19-2014 09:13 PM
    I wouldn't.

Why? Because there is no reason to me to do so.

I used to own an Iphone 4, I bought it when it came out andit was awesome. That retina display was revolutionary, the overall smoothness and so on. But when the iOS updates started to came out, the Iphone become slower and slower until iOS 7 finally destroyed its performance. It became a complete slideshow, so I decided to get rid of rid and bought an Lumia 920, and I'm satisfied so far.
    If there is one thing I love about Windows Phone is the smoothness of the OS, which is crucial for me. Even after the Windows Phone 8.1 Cyan update, my Lumia 920 is ultra smooth, so there is absolutely no reason for me to consider replacing it.

I have to add that in my country (Portugal), there is no such thing as those awesome discounts several US (and other) customers get with contracts, so I have to pay the full price for the Smartphone each time I decide to change.

Regards.
    09-19-2014 09:58 PM
    I wouldn't.

Why? Because there is no reason to me to do so.

I used to own an Iphone 4, I bought it when it came out andit was awesome. That retina display was revolutionary, the overall smoothness and so on. But when the iOS updates started to came out, the Iphone become slower and slower until iOS 7 finally destroyed its performance. It became a complete slideshow, so I decided to get rid of rid and bought an Lumia 920, and I'm satisfied so far.
    If there is one thing I love about Windows Phone is the smoothness of the OS, which is crucial for me. Even after the Windows Phone 8.1 Cyan update, my Lumia 920 is ultra smooth, so there is absolutely no reason for me to consider replacing it.

I have to add that in my country (Portugal), there is no such thing as those awesome discounts several US (and other) customers get with contracts, so I have to pay the full price for the Smartphone each time I decide to change.

Regards.
    I would call it an "upfront discount"....we still pay for the price of the phone in higher cell service...that being said, I pay full price (usually waiting a while and getting an older model) so I do not have to be locked into contract. That is why I just got my L920 two months ago, was much cheaper and still runs great!
    09-22-2014 07:17 AM
    I'm holding out to see if there's going to be an updated 1020!
    09-22-2014 10:17 AM
    920 serving me well after almost 2 years and I don't see any current phone that is an attractive update.

An updated 1020 is likely to be my next phone so long as they don't mess it up somehow.
    09-22-2014 07:24 PM
    I love my 920, but I'm due up for a contract renewal/new phone discount in November. With that said, there's no announced Windows Phone for AT&T that I'm interested in. The 1020 is too old, the 1520 is almost too old and definitely too big, the 830 is not a significant upgrade over the 830 (roughly the same or worse in everything except form factor and maybe processor). I'd seriously consider importing the 930 if I'd get LTE.

It's really kind of frustrating. I'd love to get something new and fancy, but literally every option requires some sort of compromise, which wasn't true two years ago when I upgraded my Samsung Focus to a Lumia 920.
    09-22-2014 08:35 PM
    I'm in the same place. I don't know what to do. I love my 920. The phone is solid. Only option for me would be 930 off contract.
    09-22-2014 08:39 PM
    I'm going to resist the siren call of the M8 and hold out until 2015 to see what Threshold has in store (and hopefully new devices that ship with it).
    09-22-2014 08:47 PM
    Someone mentioned Sony on wp... If they released a z3 running wp id seriously consider that as my upgrade in the spring. I love Nokia but there's nothing at the moment that warrants an upgrade!
    09-22-2014 09:04 PM
    I've had my 1520 for about eight months and every time I look at it, it reinforces my reason for upgrading my 920. My charge to you is try out the 1520 for a few hours and see if you want to give it back.
    09-22-2014 09:08 PM
    I'm seriously considering the Sony Z3 which looks amazing. I've waited long enough for Microsoft to bring something else out but nothing apart from the crappy 930 which is old tech from the icon.
    09-23-2014 08:31 AM
    It will be 2 years in November with my Lumia 920 and I'm still happy with the phone.

My frustration so far is that there's no proper successor to the Lumia 920 on AT&T. I would have seriously considered the 930, but it's definitely a more iterative update. The HTC One has the same internals, but slightly tweaked, but it doesn't have the AMOLED display and I'm not a fan of the design. I'm also not confident it's going to see updates as consistently as Microsoft's own phones. Look at what happened with the 8X and 8S.

I don't want to go back to Android. We've got test devices in the office like the Galaxy S5 and while the display is incredible I can't stand Samsung's implementation of Android. The Nexus 5 is better, but I can't really deal with the OS given my positive experiences with Windows Phone.

That really leaves the iPhone as the other option. Unfortunately, I think the iPhone 6 is overrated and iOS 8 isn't impressive at all. It pales in comparison to the update that came with Windows Phone 8.1. When you do stumble onto those changes it often feels like change for the sake of change, and many of those not necessarily for the better.

I was originally considering an iPhone 6 if by early next year no successor was announced for AT&T. However, I've changed my mind and decided to stick with the 920 until a real replacement comes along.
    Nakia Johnson1 likes this.
    09-23-2014 10:52 AM
67 123