920 battery melt inside the phone

Sep 17, 2014
Visit site
Hi everyone

My name is Nicole and i ve a big probem with nokia costumer care in Portugal.
This happened to my lumia 920_:
1960252_10202470435775861_117607403_n.jpg1940151_10202470435815862_1748942631_n.jpg

I contact nokia costumer care, and explain that 6 months ago i broke my touchscreen and i had it replaced in a proper phone support store. they aknwoledge the situation,then told me to go to a nokia store, so that they can analyse what happened with the batery.. 1 month later, i went to the store and my phone was there and the only thing they said was that, since the touchscreen was not the original one, i had lost waranty. Nothing about the battery melting, Just that and that the touscreen was broken again....obviously it's broken, when i smell the burning plastic i saw my phone, i picked it up, burn myself and let it fall on te ground. But nokia says i lost warranty because of that. They didn't investigate the problem with the melt battery, while opening it,they saw the touchscreen different and they closed the phone.
I assume that i have the right to knw what happened.

My house is a lumia house, i have now a lumia 925, as my husband does, but i swear that i m gonna change if Nokia don't care about my case.

What can i do?

Please help, forgive my grammatical errors

Last edited:

Torcher Death

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
Logically speaking, they should be replacing you regardless of the screen... But as per the fine print, anything not original & not by the approved customer care centers voids the warranty.

hprvez

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
They could have done anything to your phone while replacing the screen, it could very well be their fault for the electrical malfunction. Also how do you know the battery melted?

ZOMGiztehViking

Jul 29, 2014
Visit site
6 months ago i broke my touchscreen and i had it replaced in a proper phone support store

Well, if the phone was repaired by Nokia, then they MUST use OEM parts. If they didn't, it's not only their fault, but it's not even slightly correct.
But if the phone was repaired by a service not authorized by Nokia, then, legally speaking, the warranty has been voided the moment the case was opened.

I know it doesn't feels right, but it's the way warranty works.

I replaced myself the broken screen of my 920, with an original Nokia US part, but I don't expect the warranty to be still valid.

I'm sorry for your situation.

Bye

Lumis90

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
You should try to e-mail them. Local warranty service here didn't want to fix my Lumia 920 battery, so I wrote to Nokia and they directly contacted the warranty service

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium