Any noticeable Cyan features on 920?

JohnIvory

May 30, 2014
Visit site
I just updated my 920 to the new Preview for Developers that enabled the Cyan firmware. I know WPCentral did a piece on the Cyan specific features a few months back, but it seems they only apply to the newer phones. None of those, not even Living Images or Dolby Equaliser for speakers, has shown up on my phone. As far as I can tell the only new thing with Cyan is arrow over the WiFi and Cellular icons that shows that a data transfer is currently occurring. Is there anything I'm missing? Has anyone noticed anything in Cyan that wasn't there with the regular 8.1.1?

F3rzz

Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
re:

i still don't have cyan, but i can think of, maybe, less Green casted pictures??

i hope that isht improves with cyan, it's awful tbh.

Xellsama

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
re:

I'm not seeing any new changes either, was pretty excited to get this update (finally) too... I think the phone is a bit snappier, but it could just be my imagination.........

JohnIvory

May 30, 2014
Visit site
re:

i still don't have cyan, but i can think of, maybe, less Green casted pictures??

i hope that isht improves with cyan, it's awful tbh.

Haven't noticed a tint to my pictures, but I haven't used my 920 for any serious photographing in a while. The release has been underwhelming. I'm hoping they fixed some things that I simply haven't noticed yet.

JohnIvory

May 30, 2014
Visit site
re:

I also still don't have cyan yet, I hope cyan fix yellow tint on post processing photo and improve battery life on Lumia 920

Also hoping for better battery life, though these days work keeps me from being on the phone all the time. I'll have to test it when I take it out today. What version of 920 do you have? I thought MSFT would have released it for all models by now.

Cryio

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
re:

You can take Living Images by using the Action Shot feature in the Nokia Camera. You can then visualize them in the Nokia Camera camera roll.

Daniel Ferrara

May 11, 2013
Visit site
The only thing I have noticed is the little data arrows on my L920. Was waiting so long for cyan, but now it seems like I was waiting for nothing!! I thought we were getting living images. Now, MSFT website says only 930, icon, and 1520 will get the living images. The thing is, it was working on my phone for a bit, but then they took it away! Not cool! Too early for me to tell if there are any stability or battery improvements.

JohnIvory

May 30, 2014
Visit site
re:

Cyan is not an os update with new features. It is a firmware update which should allow things to run better.

I understand that, but a number of OS features were (supposed to be) blocked pending the Cyan update, at least on the other, more recent phones. That does not seem to be the case with the Lumia 920. Even the cool camera stuff didn't trickle down to us. As for running better, there really isn't anything noticeably better on my phone. Seems like much ado about nothing really.

JohnIvory

May 30, 2014
Visit site
re:

The only thing I have noticed is the little data arrows on my L920. Was waiting so long for cyan, but now it seems like I was waiting for nothing!! I thought we were getting living images. Now, MSFT website says only 930, icon, and 1520 will get the living images. The thing is, it was working on my phone for a bit, but then they took it away! Not cool! Too early for me to tell if there are any stability or battery improvements.

Yeah I haven't noticed any stability/battery improvements on my 920, but then again the phone was pretty stable prior to the update. I'm glad I didn't do the downgrade before upgrading. This was not worth the loss of unsaved game data.

aikidaves

May 21, 2014
Visit site
re:

The only confirmed enhancements are the arrows and Bluetooth 4.0 LE. I like to think I'm getting slightly better battery life now, but that could be a placebo effect. My phone was too smooth before to see any difference there. My camera has never had the tint issue, so I wouldn't know if Cyan helped with that. I'm also disappointed with what we didn't get, but on the other hand, it is a 2-year-old design that is out of production, and it still does everything I bought it for.

JamesPTao

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
re:

I understand that, but a number of OS features were (supposed to be) blocked pending the Cyan update, at least on the other, more recent phones. That does not seem to be the case with the Lumia 920. Even the cool camera stuff didn't trickle down to us. As for running better, there really isn't anything noticeably better on my phone. Seems like much ado about nothing really.
Yeah I never had any of the bug issues other people had running the do without cyan except my Bluetooth wouldn't pair to a device i had.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3