Screen Issue!!!

Singularity93

Feb 17, 2014
Visit site
I have a Lumia 920. I think i have a really BIG problem. So I got the official 8.1 Cyan update for my Lumia 920 couple of weeks back. Everything was fine but recently for a week or so the display has been acting really weird. (It used to never do this when I had Windows 8 Black Update.)
Whenever I pressed the unlock button the display would flicker (especially the 4 corners) and some random blue lines would appear on the start screen and this was visible wherever there was a dark background. But sometimes the flickering would go away as i used the phone. I felt like it only flickered when i constantly kept unlocking my phone every few minutes, because it did not flicker when I unlocked my phone after a long time(like after about 30-45 mins). I thought this problem would go away eventually but I woke up today morning and I saw the display was totally crazy. I don't even know how to describe it. There are white lines everywhere and the edges and corners are totally black. I can see a bit of the screen but otherwise its really bad. I can't even use the phone. I already tried the soft reset thing but that dint do anything. My phone is almost a year old (I got it in Novemeber 2013). Also there is no problems with the touch, everything is responding fine.
Here are some pictures of the display. Hopefully it is clear enough.
20140925_112956.jpg20140925_113007.jpg20140925_113110.jpg

Someone plz tell me what to do!!!!!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Have you tried a hard reset?

Settings -> About -> Reset phone

Keep in mind this will delete all personal data on the phone so be sure to backup what you can.

Also there's the Nokia Software Recovery Tool.

FAQ - FAQ - How can I recover/reset/restore my phone software? - Microsoft - UK

Same issue as deleting everything. It downloads a new firmware.

See if this fixes things. If not your screen is faulty and needs to be replaced.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos