Here Drive not working under lock screen

alphonsohall

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Hi,
On my Lumia 920, running Cyan 8.1, When I am using 'Here drive' (sat nav), on occasions I would like to turn off the screen and only use the voice directions to try to conserve battery life but doing this pauses the app and it only continues when I unlock the screen. I have enabled the app to 'run in the background via the battery saver options but this doesnt seem to make any difference and the app will only work with the screen unlocked......btw, .it was exactly the same 'problem' prior to upgrading to cyan....
​is there a solution to this?
​Thanks

wiljenneskens

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
Using Nokia Lumia 920 with all updates. Before the update to 8.1 (WP8) Here Drive was properly working in the background with the display off. I Always used it in combination with a bluetooth headset because of handsfree usage of the Phone. After the update to 8.1 GPS is not working in the background with the display off. This is a setback when using Here Drive+.
I did not test this with a car charger connected but i will. It would be nice if the Battery Saver had an option to enable the GPS in the background.
I experience the same issue using Copilot GPS.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos