Why does my 920 won't update from my home network ?

Ghassan Westen

Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
i bought a 920 a year ago
everytime i wanna update it from "phone updates" i have to take it to a store so they can do it themselves
it won't update in my house even though i have a WI-FI network with no limitations for data or costs or all that
my mother's HTC Butterfly updates normally my brother's Mega does too
but mine keeps reaching a specific percentage then stops and shows me the error
(801882cb)
btw i live in Syria so the app store won't work unless i change the region settings to some other place like US/UK etc... (which I did )
what do you guys think ?
is it cuz my internet is slow ? and i don't actually think it is cuz i said my mother's phone lately updated a huge update and like everything's fine with it

help is really appreciated

Nabkawe5

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
As a Syrian myself I know this issue quite well, and yes it's because your internet is SLOW, the servers tend to shut off anyone who takes a long time to download as 1000 others are trying to do the same.
A better way than going to the store to update is to install Nokia Software updater for FREE (look it up) and it'll install the latest firmware easily the best part is that it can resume if it lost connection and once you install it, it'll be stored and you can use the same files to update similar phones with similar Product Codes :)
Stay safe. ;) (P.S please don't tell anyone on the net that Windows Phone store works well in Syria they'll just shut it down like they do with google play and apple store.)

Ghassan Westen

Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Homie I can't thank you enough
don't worry about the store thing but this "Nokia Software updater" is it an app from the windows store or like do I download it on the PC or what ?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos