Hi everybody,
    This is my first time posting here. I have a Nokia Lumia 920 Windows phone, and I actually really love my phone!!! Well I used to ...
    About 3 weeks ago my phone received the Cyan update and I'm not really happy with my phone's performance since then. The battery life has been cut by at least one third. Unlike most people I can actually live with the decimated battery life. But my biggest issue is ever since that Cyan update my Xbox music app no longer works. Actually I can't even fire up the application. I use the app to play music that I've preloaded onto my phone, I do not use it to play streaming music.
    I click the icon, the app opens to the start screen, green screen with the headphone logo, but then it kicks me out. I can't uninstall the app, to then reinstall and I can't see where to update the app.
    I know some people don't like the Xbox music app, but I actually do. Since the app has stopped working I've been using other music player apps and none seem to work as well as the Xbox music app did.
    Has anybody else had this problem, and what did you do to fix it? Thanks in advance!!!
    10-01-2014 09:11 AM
    Try a hard reset without a backup. It should fix your problem (battery, Xbox music...).
    10-01-2014 09:57 AM
    I'm having the same issue and hard reset is not the answer here.
    I first noticed the problem with my 930 and tried all tricks but the random screen drop remains about 10sec after starting the app.
    I then loaded the same library 526 songs onto a 920 with Cyan 8.1 and the app stopped working until I deleted all files.
    I then tried to change the file names to shorter and installed about 100 of songs and that worked but after I loaded another 170 it stopped working again until I dropped the files.
    I tested this on 4 different phones that had recently updated the 8.1 software apps and they all fail in the same way.
    You can turn your music on but have no control over the files bar the skip buttons on volume drop screen when adjusting the volume.
    10-05-2014 08:10 PM
    I'm also having the same issue and hard reset did nothing to save the day. This happens after the 11th update.
    You can try using MixRadio instead. No need streaming just choose to play My music. It's the fastest music player comparing to other 3rd party player apps. I hope MS fix this soon.
    10-06-2014 01:22 AM