Why am I getting this message Please try again in 280639 minutes?

Research555

Oct 7, 2014
Visit site
Please try again in 280639 minutes

Hey guys

Okay so basically my Lumia 920 screen stopped responding to touch everywhere except the area around the * (can press 0 and *) button on the keypad and i took it to the repair shop. After he repaired my phone by replacing the screen, it was telling me that i need to wait 360,000 or so minutes. After a little frustration (and alot of yelling and cussing at the technician) I calculated it to open up in april, told the technician to replace the new one he put in with my old one cause i didnt want to do business with him and took my money back. I went and bought myself a new phone (Blackberry Q10) for temporary usage but now with 100,000 minutes gone I just came to remember that this whole problem had originated from changing the screen (probably due to removing the battery while phone was locked) and that made me remember that my screen no longer works so even when april comes id need to change the screen again. Now i am currently lost about whether to wait till april, change screen and see if it messes up 50/50 chance (if it goes back to 360k im just gonna throw it in the trash) OR do it now, wait a guaranteed 360k minutes from now (may-june). What is the best option? How can I fix this without resetting (I write songs and i have 50 of my songs on there so factory reset is a no no)? Any suggestions? Will it reset the timer to 360k if i remove the battery while phone is locked (as i cant press my password)?

Any suggestion, advice or comment is appreciated

Thanks alot

Last edited:

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Re: Please try again in 280639 minutes

This problems seems to be something that happens more frequent than I thought.

I found this on the Microsoft site and there other threads around on WPC.

Windows Phone 8 500.000 minutes lockscreen timeout - Microsoft Community

It would seem a hard reset is the only way to get around this issue. I don't know if 'waiting' will solve the problem.

If you have access to a PC then hopefully you can access the location of where you put your songs (I'm assuming their word docs?). If it's locked in an app sandbox then you're petty much out of luck with that.

Good luck.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos