Dropped and feared lost! Story of my Lumia 920

tdavi82

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
I went on vacation and arrived in the condo. I went on the balcony and took a photo. I went to make a setting adjustment and my Lumia 920 slipped. Down it went three stories, slamming on its back and more to the top right corner. The screen was lit during the plummet and immediately off when it hit the pavement.
A friend ran down and got the phone, but it would not turn on. I pressed the power button, I plugged it in... nothing. The phone was a little warm in the back. I inspected the phone. No screen cracks, no case cracks or scuffs. A dent where it hit, the sim card flew out (retrieved). The volume buttons stuck and will not move. The screen was slightly raised from its white body only by millimeters.

The phone is doomed and now I need a new one. The next day we drove to an AT&T store and I got a green Lumia 1520. Amazing phone. It's noticeably faster than the 920 and apps runs so quickly. It is the app performance I wish every Windows Phone experienced.

Fast forward one week, which is today. I plugged my Lumia 920 into a charger, it vibrates. The screen comes on and the battery icon comes up. A minute later, the phone boots up. So far, everything is functional but the physical volume buttons. The corner where the sim card goes is damaged, and the sim card will not fit all the way back in.

I am really impressed that the phone would drop three stories onto pavement, would turn on and be functional. Aside from the sim card not fitting back in yet and the volume buttons damaged, it works. :grin:

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
Awesome!

Not Windows Phone but late 90's I worked building Cell Phone Towers and heard a scream from the top HEADS!, which was always a warning that something was dropping. 280FT tower and we here something falling through the tower and flew out across the field. Turned out it was one of the guys Nokia phones he dropped. Took us a few hours but we found all the plastic that had popped loose, the battery.... put battery back in and it turned right on without a problem. Got to love the quality of Nokia phones. They have always been awesome.

T Moore

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
My wife's 920 took a drop to the sim corner and the holder popped out. The corner got dented so much that the sim holder could not reseat. I took a dremel to the corner end of the sim holder and trimmed it so it could go back in. That was over a year ago and it is still going strong

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99