Does anyone know if and how I can revert my AT&T 920 back to Black from Cyan?

sequoia464

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
I inadvertently updated to cyan and have lost internet sharing, It seems that AT&T is behind this.
The nokia software recovery tool, and the phone reset both install cyan.

fdalbor

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
re: Does anyone know if and how I can revert my AT&T 920 back to Black from Cyan?

I don't think AT&T is behind it. I upgraded a 925, and 820 and they both still have internet sharing after they were updated by AT&T. Also two 520's that have had no problems at all. In fact the only phone I have had problems after updates is my Moto G lte when it was updated to KitKat 4.4.4. While I have no love for AT&T (I moved all our phones to Consumer Cellular) they have taken care of updates better than any of the other providers. Look at Verizon and the crap they have pulled, and T-Mobil is only a little better. You could have a Icon that Verizon just told all those customers to go to hell, do not pass go do not collect 200$,

PepperdotNet

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
Sequoia didn't mention whether the phone is still on the AT&T network or unlocked and having this problem on another network (T-Mobile perhaps?)

There is a thread here somewhere about how to install an unbranded (CV) firmware on a Lumia 920, because AT&T has put something in their firmware specific to their network that causes certain things such as Internet Sharing to not work if you use the phone on other networks.

sequoia464

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
Sequoia didn't mention whether the phone is still on the AT&T network or unlocked and having this problem on another network (T-Mobile perhaps?)

There is a thread here somewhere about how to install an unbranded (CV) firmware on a Lumia 920, because AT&T has put something in their firmware specific to their network that causes certain things such as Internet Sharing to not work if you use the phone on other networks.

This is my case, using an unlocked AT&T 920 on Straight Talk. I will try to find the thread you mentioned on the unbranded firmware. I did a search but haven't found it yet.

Appreciate the responses from everyone - thanks.

sequoia464

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
You could have a Icon that Verizon just told all those customers to go to hell, do not pass go do not collect 200$,

My wife has an Icon on Verizon - really disappointed with them, looks like I'm going to have to put the developers preview on her phone to get 8.1

fdalbor

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
The more I get envolved with smartphones and their evolution or lack of the more I realize this is far from an exact science. My first smartphone was with ATT and was the best experience I have had. I just had to pay out the Alfa to get it. I decided to try something else. I found that you could use ATT phones on other networks (Consumer Cellular and others). So I got a inexpensive 520 got a CC sim and tried it, to make sure before I moved my main phones (me 820, wife 925) that it worked. No problem with the 520. So I closed my account with ATT and moved the 820 and 925 to CC.

At first no problem. Then I discovered I could not send pictures with texts on either phone. Then I could not get 4G lte on either phone. I contacted CC customer support team and spent hours on the phone with them and never could solve the problems. They told me I needed to buy one of their phones to get those features even though they advertise that any ATT or unlocked phone would work on their network (which is ATT's network). I told them the phones they sell are not nearly as good and feature rich as the two phones I had.

So now I have two phones that are missing features because of the carrier I am using. Nothing wrong with the phones; just the settings the carrier asigns to them when they are activated. I could always go back to ATT or try something else; or give up those features. My whole point is the customers are at the mercy of the carriers and alot of the time their is little or no recource. Good luck with your Icon my friend. I wish you the best; but understand how you feel. Oh; by the way I am saving 70$ a month over what I was paying ATT. Question is. Is it worth it.??????????

sequoia464

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
My whole point is the customers are at the mercy of the carriers and alot of the time their is little or no recource. Good luck with your Icon my friend. I wish you the best; but understand how you feel. Oh; by the way I am saving 70$ a month over what I was paying ATT. Question is. Is it worth it.??????????

I tried to flash a different rom to the 920 - after four unsuccessful hours I gave up. Looks like I get to order an 830 (maybe a 735), this time I'll make sure I get an international version.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon