Should i download Developer Preview or Wait for official updates ?

df608

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I have the 920 with the preview installed. I haven't had any problems with every upgrade so far. I think your better off installing the preview if you don't want to wait att.

FAHMI BASSEM

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
It depends on you, if would like to try something new before everyone + you don't like to wait until your carrier give you the green light to update so go ahead and install PFD
But of you want everything to work as it should, you don't like to see bugs, poor to suffer from some unusual bugs, don't get it.
In my opinion I really recommend installing the PFD especially if you would like to help MS the OS which we all love, + my has 920 runs PFD and it works faine

andrygun

Aug 28, 2014
Visit site
Depends..

I used to install the DP but couldnt stand the bugs (L1020), so decided to go back to official one.

No more issues now but then slow updates.. Just gotta live with it.

dpaynewp

May 28, 2014
Visit site
I myself decided to install DP and have been very happy with it. Now that I have it I would not want to go back as I am enjoying the additional features. I have a l1020 and have had no issues with DP.

andrygun

Aug 28, 2014
Visit site
I myself decided to install DP and have been very happy with it. Now that I have it I would not want to go back as I am enjoying the additional features. I have a l1020 and have had no issues with DP.

Glad to hear that. My one sometimes randomly reboot, freeze or lost the audio totally. Thats why i went back to the official one 😣

dpaynewp

May 28, 2014
Visit site
Glad to hear that. My one sometimes randomly reboot, freeze or lost the audio totally. Thats why i went back to the official one 😣

Yeah that would drive me crazy as well. As a matter of practice I have done a hard reset after any large version upgrade and did Not do a restore, but manually reinstalled my programs. It takes awhile however I can say I'm really not having any issues - running very well.

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
I have been patiently waiting for Cortana in the UK and was prepared to wait a bit longer until my lad bought a 930 just over a week ago that came with update 1, many people had suggested I join DP but I fought against it, but got to Tuesday and couldn't wait any longer so took the plunge and upgraded my 1520 and I am so pleased I did.

It took about half hour to do three updates, I have seen no issues whatsoever.

I plan to do my wife's 520 this weekend but I would guess that will take and hour or so.

Once the carriers release the firmware parts of the update you end up with the same update as you would have got it you waited.

Bob

jrdatrackstar1223

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
After Cyan released I used to go back and forth on my 920. I would stick with official because it was more stable, but then see an update released and go back to DP that day. I tried to stay on official because HERE Drive would lock up and stop running in the background everytime I used DP. When yesterday's update came out, I decided to just go ahead and bite the bullet again because I am an update junkie and want to see if I can just deal with any bugs that may arise. This update has left me pretty pleased for the first time in a while. I tested HERE Drive and it did not stop or lock up in the background. My 920 is still snappy (little lag at times on the homescreen when making folders, but this update is a little better in that regard than the previous DP updates with folders). Battery life seems to be a little better too with this update (a first for me in a while).

I'd say if you're an update junkie go ahead and do it and just see what bugs you can handle until they drive you crazy (if any at all). At the very least, you could just get Nokia Tools and just go back to stock Cyan (which is still 8.1 anyway).

jonahtrav

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
Yea ... I had the DP on my 920 which I enjoyed as you get the newest updates , but my phone would lock up and freeze at times among other bugs and so I used the Nokia recovery tool and went back to stock.>>It seems some phones have no problems with the DP and some do ... Mine happened to be one of those that did... If you like to play around with your phone I would say go for it ...You can always revert back to stock .

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786