Wired v wireless charging affects discharge rate?

DBOP

Nov 8, 2013
Visit site
Is it possible that the discharge rate of the battery under normal usage differs depending on how it was charged? It seems as if the battery holds a charge longer if I have charged it using a cable than it does if it was charged wirelessly.

Thanks,

DBOP

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
No the discharge rate shouldn't be different. A battery's discharge rate is effected by lifespan not how you charge something.

Wireless charging should have no effect on battery performance.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
It may take longer to charge the device wirelessly, but once its full, it doesn't matter. Electricity is electricity.

BatteryLife

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
I don't know about wireless charging. But my old free power bank charges my Lumia 520 to full in about 5 hours, and it definitely does not charge as long.

I believe the slow charging affected the calibration somehow

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
I don't know about wireless charging. But my old free power bank charges my Lumia 520 to full in about 5 hours, and it definitely does not charge as long.

I believe the slow charging affected the calibration somehow

There's no calibration involved. The phone either charges or it doesn't. If you think the phone is lying to you then do a soft reset.

I'd suggest getting a proper charger for your phone if it takes 5 hours to charge your phone.

BatteryLife

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
If I recall correctly, phones can't judge battery percentage accurately. That's why based on the voltage, and the user activity, they extrapolate the infomation to "guess" battery percentage. And I don't think a soft reset help either.

That's why some people drain their battery to 0% and recharge maybe once every few months.

And yeah, it was a free power bank, didn't expect much... But I didn't expect it to be so mediocre.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss