Why has HERE Drive become silent (no voice)?

Dec 6, 2014
Visit site
I bought my Lumia 920 about two years ago, and I had no problem with the HERE Drive+ (or its previous version) application. But since a few months ago, the app has stopped delivering turn-by-turn voice directions. I have found nothing wrong with the settings, I have reloaded and changed the voice file but to no avail. This has nothing to do with bluetooth connection to the car's handsfree phone system, because I hear nothing even when bluetooth is turned off. Can anyone suggest what the problem is and how it can be solved?

Cryio

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
It's something it does sometimes. Fixable but annoying as hell.

You need to change your phone language some 3 times, download 3 different turn by turn language navigation files and mess with the phone's keyboard and speech settings.

It will eventually work if you keeping messing with these settings.

Last edited:

Therealeinn

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
While HERE Drive+ has been working with my vehicle, I will suggest two things to try that may fix the issue:

1.) After your phone connects with your vehicle over Bluetooth, go into Settings --> Bluetooth --> click "Advanced" and then check the box that says "Use an alternate Bluetooth audio connection for speech".

2.) Ensure that, once your phone connects to your vehicle, that the sound is at least 20/30 or 22/30 on your phone.

3.) If neither of those correct the issue, delete the profile associated with your vehicle in Bluetooth settings and re-pair the phone to the vehicle.

Reason for this is since HERE Drive+ now issues directions as "text messages" rather than you having your radio system set to AUX/Input/Bluetooth/etc, it could be a hidden problem. Just curious, for those of you having this issue, do you still receive normal text messages through your vehicle's sound system?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs