Automatically remove emails from Outlook

Zolotoy

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
I am using Outlook on my 920 for my company emails. Is it possible to configure it in such way that when I delete an email on my PC Outlook this email will be automatically removed from phone's inbox? Just like Gmail works.

Thanks

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Ahem, that's exactly what it does. oO Just make sure you've added your company's account as an IMAP or Exchange account. It should sync just fine.

Zolotoy

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Of course it was added as an Exchange account. But when I delete an email on my PC the same email is not deleted on my phone.

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
What are the sync settings on your device? If it's set to "when items arrive", it should happen pretty much immediately. Otherwise it will happen exactly when it's supposed to perform a sync.

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Also should a notification on the phone disappear as soon as I read email on PC?

Notifications in the action center won't, afaik. But the tile clears and should you have set your lock screen to show an icon for that particular address too, it will clear as well.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
At my work we use Exchange, with several of us using WP. The WP users report that Outlook on their desktops do not always update when they take action on their phones. Most of us don't use email heavily on our phones since we're primarily at our desks, so I have nothing more scientific than that. We haven't tried to figure out why it happens.

Zolotoy

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
For me when I delete an email on the phone it's deleted on PC within a short amount of time, but does not work other way around.

Peter Kraaijestein

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
Can someone else please confirm that removing an email on PC also removes it from Inbox on the phone?

It does both ways. When you delete a mail you delete it at outlook.com. Your Outlook ( phone or Pc) is nothing else then a viewer/editor of Outlook.com. When you delete something on your pc you delete it in outlook.com and you won't see it on your phone. It works the same the other way.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa