NL920 crackling during calls - tried everything, still not working

Laeery

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Hej folks,

recently I repaired my water damaged NL920 with a broken one from eBay which only had a broken screen. I replaced the screen with the one in my waterdamaged Lumia and everything was fine again and I was really really happy to put away my Z1 Compact and reinstall my beloved red NL920. But later that day, I found out making and receiving calls is not working properly. There is a disturbing crackling sound while making calls every few seconds. I recognized that the call volume is switching between 10/10 (what I set) and the one for the loudspeakers ( in this case 8/10) while crackling.
It is also hard to switch to loudspeaker cause it is not reacting the way it should be. But when I managed to switch to loudspeaker mode or using headphones, the call is just fine.
I tried almost everything, soft reset, hard reset, replacement of earpiece, replacement of loudspeaker, replacement of coax antenna cable and cleaning the contacts with SONAX Professional Electrical Contacts Cleaner.
Now I'm really, really desperate and don't want to sell my now two broken Lumias on eBay and get back to my Sony.
Does anyone of you have an idea how to fix this? I really need help!!! Thanks in advance!

Laeery

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Never mind, got it worked out. The problem was due to the headphone jack not working properly. Replaced it and now all is working fine :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon