This is the 4th time and I'm tired of paying for it. 920 Frozen again, how can I fix this?

• Thread starter WPCentral Question
  • Start date
W

WPCentral Question

4th time and im tired of paying for it. 920 Frozen again

This is the 4th time i have had this problem. I payed to have it fixed and i'm not doing it again. Every time my phone dies and i charge it the screen freezes, but the side buttons work. Nokia i can see that there are a lot of people with this problem. I think the 920 needs to be taken off the market or you must give us an option to have it fixed or replaced. I have tried all the suggestions listed but nothing works. Get your act together. Very Frustrated.

Stryfeno1

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
re:

I have the same problem and it is very frustrating. My 920 now takes about 40 or so hard reset to get it back to working mode. I don't understand why they don't address this issue.

Ian Too

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
re:

Top 5 Issues and Solutions for the Nokia Lumia 920 This website may prove useful.

As a general rule, I never leave anything like Bluetooth or Wi-Fi left on if I'm not using them, if for no other reason that they inevitably use battery and cpu.

I hope this helps, but if it doesn't try to give us more information: what build are you using, which apps were running, etc.

Poshe Diaz

Mar 11, 2015
Visit site
I goes to show that Microsoft is grossly ignorant to the problems with their products.
All of their feedback mechanisms in the phones are not communicating to them properly. Or maybe their team is damn lazy.

I gues they want us to move on to other platforms

plot_almighty

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
Re: 4th time and im tired of paying for it. 920 Frozen again

Wow. I didn't know the 920 had so many issues. Mines been running like a champ from day one. Maybe try the software recovery tool and restore from a back up?

Fred Wilson2

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site

Yup, my 920 has been perfect. I've owned the 830 (still have it), 635, 1020, 925, 1520, 930, and 735 and my 920 is, by far, the best Lumia that I've owned. Absolutely no problems with it at all.
The other Lumia's (except the 830) have been returned for various problems.

Fred

Stryfeno1

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site

The freezing issue is well known....It's all over YouTube, forums and etc..... I had to go out and purchase a 620....This is why I'm hesitant to continue on supporting WP.

supershi80

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site

Try to upgrade at the last fw (Denim),make a factory reset of the device, don't install any particular app and see if in the time the issue appears.

If yes try this other (ATTENTION: this procedure is dangerous, you lost the guarantee and you can damage your device):
1)reflash your device to a 920 Portico fw no brand (CV) with Recovery tool.
2)run a factory reset
3)upgrade to Amber>Black>Cyan>Denim

More times the issue is borned by a bad customized rom (from the local operator).
If also in this mode your device will continue to have the issue then is an hw issue.

vsmh96

Jul 12, 2014
Visit site

This is the 4th time i have had this problem. I payed to have it fixed and i'm not doing it again. Every time my phone dies and i charge it the screen freezes, but the side buttons work. Nokia i can see that there are a lot of people with this problem. I think the 920 needs to be taken off the market or you must give us an option to have it fixed or replaced. I have tried all the suggestions listed but nothing works. Get your act together. Very Frustrated.

you dont have to pay for it to get it fixed assuming that the fix is to have it reflashed.

Just use the Lumia Software Recovery Tool on Pc and flash it (wipes everything).

oscartoledo05

Feb 19, 2014
Visit site

Everytime I have that issue, all I do is soft reset the phone. It works perfectly after the soft reset

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12